AGP or PCI-E 4TW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedub

In Runtime
I've read a lot about this topic, and it seems to be a coin toss. I'm leaning more towards PCI-E, because I think thats the way things will start to go, but I don't want to get stuck with dead-end tech again (anyone remeber rambus ram).

I would like to put together a new pc here soon, but I think I may wait to see how PCI-E and SLI goes for a few months. Man its gonna be hard to wait :)

For the extra money, getting a DFI Lanparty for PCI-E is the best thing I think now. Or even a different mobo...

Ah thanks for the replys. I have a good feeling PCI-E will become better and better, so I will probably go with a mobo with that. I would also like to say this is one very informative site. You guys really seem to know your stuff :)

the lan party boards are starting to grow in popularity...they need to start making more models. i'm building a system with pci e 16....can't wait till it's done!!! go pci-e because like creditsolutions said it is the future.

PCI E is the way to go right now. I went for it possibly a little to early (end of summer 2004), by the technology must have matured to the point where there are few reasons to avoid it and many (particurally the furure compatability issue) that herald it's advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom