Advice needed on GX2 7950 clock speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

herdy06

Beta member
have recently rma's 2 x 7900GT extreme, and had them exchanged for 7950GX2 superclocked.

mem clock - 1550
core clock - 580

When i received the 7950 just this morning, it didnt say on the box superclocked, this model was from evga by the way.

Anyways due to this i want to find out my core and mem clock speeds. so i used sys tool,

i have attached a screenshot of the results....
would be very grateful if anyone could take a look because i cant make head nor tail of it as i am new to this area in computing, but i got a hunch that the readings shouldnt be as they are.

regards
Paul

Attachments

• clock results.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 55
Hey Paul, the speeds you have posted are probably the 2D default clock speeds, and not the 3D default clock speeds.

I Never heard of a superclocked version for this card, however your core clock speed IS higher than any other stock clock speed I seen on the GX2's [which is 500 to 520]

So perhaps it is a superclocked version? and I'm guessing when you move to 3D enviorment, the memory clock speed goes up to 700 or 650 which is also higher than a regular gx2.

-Jo.

Yoad said:
the memory clock speed goes up to 700 or 650 which is also higher than a regular gx2.

Isn't the regular memory clock of a 7950GX2...1200MHz?

nope its definatley 3d clock speeds.....!

so if 600 is standard mem speed which is equivalent to 1200mhz.
what should mine be if the model i bought is supposed to be 1550mhz....?:rolleyes: i guess it shouldnt be 350mhz should it? i am confused, does anyone have any other ideas? or links to other programs like riva tuner and sys tool, to check again???

cheers

I think 350 is right. depending on the program, it will show you either 350, 700, or 1400

1400 is the effective speed, 350 is the true frequency. the effective speed is 4 times the true frequency.

*edit*
downloaded and ran systool. it definately shows the true frequency. multiply whatever it tells you by 4 (video memory speed)

cheers mate, glad its been cleared up, peace of mind and all tha...

anyone know where i might be able to get some sort of guide on sli AA and AF cos im curious about the best way to run settings on my new card.

many thanks

^Ditto

Your card should be able to max out AA/AF/resolution/settingts in games........

-Jo.

but thats just it you see..... theres so many option 16x, 8x, 16xs 8 xs, then u got AF i take it 16x is max.

but then whatta i do aboput gpu rendering. i dont know what im meant to be having it on, single gpu, split frame, alternate frame 1 or 2.

i put all settings on what i personally think is max and i wqas getting an fps of around 50 - 60 online on CS.

Also when i go into the videos settings on CS source. it says that settings recommended for my system are AF (Trilinear) is that good or bad? and it says antialising (none) and reflectiions says reflect world instead of reflect all.

why is it recommending these settings if i have one of the best cards on the market?

even one 7900GT said i can have 2x antialising, and 4 AF,

so whats with this GX2 7950 i got???
or am i being fussy bout nuthin?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom