Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

libotte

Baseband Member
So yeasterday a customer brought a computer in that he bought pre-built and pre overclocked. Well he excuse was "the kids had a go on it" well his "kids" managed to over clock it to the point were it wont boot up to windows unless I use windows pre-installed edition.

Theres nothing in the bois to overclock anything vcore is stock 1.4

The temps are quite worrying 90-110 degrees C on a pentium 4 with a ninja and fan. Ive tryed several things, so had my boss (im a trainee) I just wanted to get your opinion on wether a bios flash could sort this problem.

Other info he included was the computer had a mass e-mailer virus. Kids had being using it was booting and causing thermal shut down until he desided to reinstall windows now its stuck at (SETUP IS RESTARTING) and crashes there.

Any help would be great I cant give more info without computer infront of me so if you need more info ask away and ill get back to you tommorow thanks everyone for reading!

!things to try!

Cmos reset

Edit: Ide and sata drives arnt being detected at boot but in windows PE they are there with all there data intact

you should move this to the "build/upgrade high end pcs" forum for more input...its a more popular forum..

but i have no idea i cant help sorry lol

If it was using a Raid array and you reset the bios the comp wont see the HDDs till you enable the raid again in the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom