Advice on my new box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is just me, but you're asking questions with no links so that we know what you're talking about man. Try putting some links up so that we can see what you want to get.

Hahah thats good, he wants us to look at something and there is no links, thats classic.

some general suggestions: stick with nvidia, amd, and sata. right now 64 bit native software is rare, so if you ran x64 youd be pretty bored for a while.

Windows XP 64-bit, has actually less performance than XP normal. Stick with that even if you have a 64-Bit CPU, soon there will be a dedicated 64-bit OS that will provide better performance.

GameGURU said:
Windows XP 64-bit, has actually less performance than XP normal. Stick with that even if you have a 64-Bit CPU, soon there will be a dedicated 64-bit OS that will provide better performance.
Yep, Longhorn in 2006. There will be plenty of drivers (something like 2000 of them).

Don't let people gear you one way or another to a certain brand.. unless they have good reasoning.
People on this board are going to recommend you ditch the Asus and go with the DFI Lanparty.
Ditch that 6600 256 and pay a little more for the 6600 GT 128MB. I would reccomend going with Win Pro as it gives you a bit more control and options.
I, personally, would go with a case that has placement on top for a fan. You'll have plenty of heat to move with that system and a blow-hole will help immensely.

Oh god I think we have to change everything

Cheapest Seagate / Western Digital 120 Gig HD
DFI Lanparty Ultra-D, ask any asus owner, their board's are shit.
eVGA / Leadtek 6600GT PCI-E 16x, a few more dollars and close to double peformance
CPU is fine
The 2x 512 meg pack of twinmos ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom