Advent P4 overclocking no BIOS settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurin

Solid State Member
I went to overclock my mates Advent 3112 P4 with Award bios but frequency/voltage settings are blank. The only setting is spectrum something and thats it.

My AMD athlon motherboard has an Award bios with everything I need under frequency/voltage.

Do I need to change a jumper to enable the setting or have Advent disabled it?

Just because two motherboards have the same maker of a BIOS in this case Award, doesn't mean that they will have the same options. Especially that you're comparing an AMD vs Intel board so I'd assume they'd be completely different. Generally if the settings are blank then either you can't change them and it has it there just to show you it's current status, or you have to enable it by setting something to 'User Define' is how most motherboards I've come across work...if not that, sometimes it indeed is a jumper on the motherboard, but that doesn't necessarily open new options unless the jumper makes the CPU underclock and you need to remove a jumper for it to recognize the CPU as it is.

Your best bet is to check the manual or manufacturers website for your answer as they should have guides to all the options available in the BIOS and what jumpers are on the motherboard itself

I'm pretty sure that motherboard has limited overclocking features. A BIOS update might give you a few more features, but that's about it.

The BIOS version means nothing between AMD and Intel...there not related except for the fact Award certified them both.

Every board will run a different BIOS...some are meant for overclocking, others have just the bare basics.

BTW nice forum, just joined:p

thanks for the info guys. F ing system manufactures I did tell him never to buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom