Adding a fan... Exhuast or Intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
My case is a generic mid tower. I managed to do some decent cable management and it is still really hot. To fit the stuff in the case I had to remove the side 90mm exhaust fan.

I stuck the 90 i had to remove up front. Now I have 2 90mm intakes in the front and 1 120mm in the back. I am going to put a 120 mm fan on the top of the case and want to know if I should point it in or out.

Right now this is how the air flows.

Pushed in with 2 90mm front fans. Pushed through Xigmateck Dark Night with 120mm fan and then out of the case with a rear 120mm fan.

Ambient temp aren't always the best so i was going to add 1 120mm to the top using parts from MNPCTECH.

Okay and where do you think I should add another intake? I feel like there should be more then 2 90mm intakes with 2 120mm exhausts.

with my 1200 i turned the top fan around for intake. it keeps my NB alot cooler that way. having the top fan as exhaust just made things hotter. so i would recommend trying it both ways and see which one cools better.

I would run it as an intake.

Because it essentially blows straight down onto the cpu and motherboard it will help your temps in that department a lot.

It will also help feed cooler air to your power supply, which is never a bad thing.

Having the top as an intake is fighting thermal dynamics and airflow. and you end up squishing air into the middle of your case. Youre also pushing hot mobo air to your gpu....

So while it'll cool the northbridge, youre also heating your other components.

so top and back exhaust and side and front intake.

Can someone point the way to 90mm and 120mm fan stencils I can print for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom