Adding custom logo to my cases - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via AIM to wafflehammer
Default Re: Adding custom logo to my cases

Originally Posted by surgeVel View Post

I wish you luck in your modded case ventures, but you are targetting a completely different audience with different tastes. I am targetting those who would not be building their own machines, the type that would normally buy from Best Buy or Circuit City or Dell. Those are my targets, and from my experience and research, a logo would only improve sales to these customers by driving my brand image. Think what you want, but I know what I am doing, and I have a feeling it will work out a lot better than you are thinking.
that is a very good point...if someone is willing to pay for a pre-built/paying someone to build them one...they probably don't care that much about looks/style of the case.

I think the idea is fine :]

Core i7 920 @ 3.0Ghz
6gb G.Skill 1600mhz/9-9-9-24
Corsair 750XT
EVGA GTX 260---216core
WD 640gb
14590 3dmarks @ stock
Old 08-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to commandercup Send a message via MSN to commandercup

Originally Posted by wafflehammer View Post
that is a very good point...if someone is willing to pay for a pre-built/paying someone to build them one...they probably don't care that much about looks/style of the case.

I think the idea is fine :]
That is not true at all...

just because they aren't willing to make their own PC doesn't mean that they don't want a stylish, clean or otherwise detailed look... people buy PC's not just because they are inexperienced, but because it may be cheaper (yes there are a few instances), they come with warranties and tech support and they may just not have the time!

sure he is right that he needs to get brand recognition out there... but its not like marketing at bestbuy at all since he wont be selling his computers at any retail stores... (at least that's what I think?) and is just selling them direct from manufacturer (him)

if anything, he has bigger things to worry about... such as the fact that all his computer configurations have the same name... VelociRage?

Q9300 - HD 4870 - 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers - 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 - Corsair 650TX - Foxconn P45A-S
Old 08-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #33 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to Ventriac

I'd put the logo on the side, top left. That way it isn't noticeable if someone were to have it in like a computer stand, but yeah I dig the case and the logo,

CPU E8500MB Asus P5Q Pro
RamOCZ Reaper ddr2800 GPUVisiontek 4870
PSU Toughpower 700 HDD WD 640 GB
Old 09-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #34 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via AIM to NightSurge

Yeah, like I said, ignore the old pages, they are all being deactivated and I'm slowly going to migrate the models to the new eCommerce store. I wasn't saying that they wouldn't care about the case style. The cases I use all have good looks, I just meant they wouldn't care about a tiny logo.

Either way, I am still a bit undecided. I may just simply include the decal with the systems and let the customer decide if/where he puts it on.

Also, the models were never all the same. The top class (Gaming line) is VelociRage XXX (the x's represent the numbers such as 750m, 1000t, or Ultimate). I am redoing the naming a bit, but they will basically consist of these 3 basic model schemes:

V-Home ###L (L is a place holder for letters [A, B, M, T, etc] which help me differentiate a few things)
-- Basic Home/Office/Student/Workstation PCs
VelociRage ###L
-- Gaming Line
SceneSurge ###L
-- HTPC or Multimedia line

Oh, and eventually I will be selling at retail locations. Right now I do quite a bit of local sales, but the transactions are all online. Eventually I will open up a retail location right beside a Best Buy in my city and the competition will be fierce. Obviously I have a long time and a lot of work before then (need to change business structure, get an accountant, finalize liability insurance and new warranty plans, not to mention save a lot of money). I'm even working right now on acquiring accounts with Vizio, Asus, LG, and other name brand electronics so that I can price all my items below anything Best Buy ever could.

If I was helpful, please click the icon on the left hand side of this message that looks like a check mark Thanks!

Closed Thread