Adding custom logo to my cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
So, I am thinking of getting some vinyls made that would be permanent adhesive and would be applicable to all the cases in my custom builds. I'm looking for something to make it say "Surge Velocity" either literally or theoretically. I want it a nice branded logo.

Now, I have some designs of what these will look like. I am going to be getting a few samples and a few sample cases soon to see just how good it looks.

surgevelocity_colors.png

Disregard the blue/white gradient as I'm not going to be using that.

I am thinking of adding a slight gradient fill of blue to white. The white one in a black box is meant for black cases and the top left one is the one I would use for silver/white or any other non-dark cases.

What do you think? I am also getting some that simply say "Surge Velocity" in the N-Gage font that appears all over my website. I will be putting those most likely on the left of the front panel or down one side. Wherever it looks best. The logo would go on either the front panel, top, or side depending on the case.

On another note, I will be starting to offer a build to my student body that is called "The Don" because that is our mascot. I am thinking of using this case because our school colors are Blue, Silver, and White. Then the logos would be put on that.
http://www.hal-pc.org/journal/2007/07_june/images/0607CoolerMasterCaseGraphic.jpg

Adhesives, stickers, and vinyls are usually frown-downed upon in the consumer computer industry because they have a tendency to look cheap or tacky. Maingear was pinged on this issue several times by MaximumPC.

"The lame “MAINGEAR” sticker running vertically down the case's side further loses the rig style points." -MPC

Source: Maingear F131 | Maximum PC

Why exactly is a vinyl frowned upon? This would be a perfect blend with the case. Its only 2.5 mil thick so it will look practically painted on, completely flat.

Plus, I wouldn't go all out to make it that big and noticeable. Also, from the sounds of the review, it wasn't a very good sticker job. For the most part, I am going to be using just a small 3x4in or 2.25x3in logo. Working on fixing the link.

EDIT: Picture fixed.

the pics you have up now for sample look good...i don't think it would look bad (as long as it doesn't stretch the whole length of the case...like that article)

yea...maybe just like out of view to a point where you would have to look for it to find it. so there friends can go looking around and find it " ohhh this is a great pc! where did you get it from?? OHHH i guess you got it from XXXXXX"

Exactly. Just something to label it as my work. Like a signature and free advertising. Just like any Dell, HP, Mac, Alienware, Toshiba, Gateway, Acer, and many other OEMs do.

and cars! don't forget that! most cars have those things on them from the place you bought them...so annoying!

i see nothing from with what you are doing..you seem to be aiming for the correct things. just make sure it's not very thick (like it bulges out) and not very long

the official size is something like 2x2.1135 in. And the thickness is only 2.5mil (.0025 in) so it will appear completely flat and part of the case itself practically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom