Adding case fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higach

In Runtime
Hey all..

I currently have this case:

Kingwin SK-523 Case Review [SK-523BKW]

And am thinking about adding 2 more fans. It currently has a 120mm front intake and a 120mm back exhaust.

I was thinking about adding a side intake and top exhaust to increase airflow in the case, but was wondering if there are any decent guides online that would help.

Thanks in advance.

Higach

The top exhaust should be easy if you have half a brain and can operate a saw. Cutting the plexi will be a little more interesting.

I also have 1 more question.

With that case I showed you, it lists the front and rear fans as:
120x120x25mm, 2000RPM, 30dBA, 79.14 CFM.

Now recently I just bought:
Newegg.com - APEVIA CF12SL-UBL 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Retail

to replace the rear exhaust. Since it lists as 1700 RPM and only 64 CFM, is that going to be a downgrade? I figured it would be better than a stock case fan, but that was before I realized the stock fans seem pretty good.

What do you think? Did I waste 6 bucks? lol

It will probably be a bit quieter than the fan that is in it already, but ya, its definately going to move less air.

The top exhaust should be easy if you have half a brain and can operate a saw. Cutting the plexi will be a little more interesting.

I did that to the side on my case. I didn't cut new holes, but I cut out the plastic grills that covered the fans. I felt that they restricted the airflow too much, especially the one by the video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom