Acrylic cases?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

throk5

Beta member
HELLO one and all i am new to TF and i have been looking alot at other forums and have seen that the masses dont realy like acrylic cases. id like to settle this once and for all... are they really as bad as some ppl say? or are they just afraid to try something a little different? im really interested to see wat you all think about this. i have used my acrylic case for about 2 months now and everything is going well.. no dust fingerprints or performance issues i think its just a matter of if u take care of your system or not (can-o-air for the dust and using filters for intake fans) thank you.

Generally people donÂ’t like Acrylic cases because its a hassle to keep it clean all the time and if you crack it you have to replace the hole thing or a part of it. I havenÂ’t had any acrylic cases so far in my life only normal cases with side windows. I once cracked my side window and it was a hassle to replace because it was a specific shape and size and nobody had the exact some one so in the end I just bought a new case.
Those are the only reasons i can think of so far as to why people hate acrylic cases but it enougth to makes me want to stay clear of them.

Neosteve

I have an acrylic case sitting on the floor in my kitchen, i truthfully hate the thing. Got it broken so i had to super glue it, other parts I had to get replacements for. It's imposable to hide the extra power supply cables, Nothing seamed to fit right. Nothing I'm ever planning on buying again. Just my opinion.

Personally, i think Acrylic cases look pretty goofy. I dont like the idea of seeing everything inside the case, while having it glow. It has nothing to do with trying somthing new. Plus 90% of them are pretty crappy.

I hate acrylic cases. It's not a matter of being afraid to try something. I would expect you to not have problems as that's the whole point of a case so things like 'My system has run fine, no dust etc..etc..' should be expected from any case and really isn't an arguement.

Likes been said, they can easily be cracked, but generally if your computer is on the floor in an office like mine, cracking shouldn't be a problem.

I mainly just don't like the look of them.

It seems like acrylics and LED's are too much of a fad...like overweight women wearing clothing way too tight, it's people out for attention.

I'd rather go for a nice sleek metallic design

Plus the fact you can't beat the fact that a nice aluminum case will give you better temps.

I was gonna get one. But yeah, glad I didnt now. Personally I think they look pretty empty after you having everything cleaned up.

So am i the only person that thinks acrylic cases are kool??

i was just woundering wat are u doing with ur computer that u can crack it or drop things on it?? the case weighs like 30 lbs with no parts in it. thats really not good for lan or anything but then again i never said i was using it for lans. i just cant see how u can crack an acrylic case but still like a vcr or dvd player (plastic ones and ppl do like those) or maybe even tvs i dont see many metal tvs. as for better temps it also depends on the size of the case i was using a mini tower and my acrylic is a mid there are 4 more fan ports. and yes the wires are a little hard to hide i ran most of them behind the mobo and it wasnt that bad

ty

My case was broken during shipping and it was going to cost a lot to send it back for another being as I bought it from Canada cause it was supposed to be the best. I tried to hide wires behind the motherboard but it is no where near as clean looking as just having a side window and not seeing the wires.

Also keep in mind that standard mounting of the motherboard and drives don't go for acrylic since it is thicker than the metal ones so you need special screws and spacers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom