is it absolutley necessary to have GPU memory bank heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
my watercooling system came in and i got a GPU waterblock.... it totally escaped me to get some memory heatsinks for my card. i have a geforce 7800 gt. of course, i need to replace my current heatsink, and i think that the stock heatsink has some memory heatsinks built onto it.
edit: hmm also, all of my screwdrivers that i own are slightly magnitized. is that bad to take off the heatsink on my GPU with?

You shouldn't even need a screw driver for a video card. There usually plastic plugs that you squeeze and pull the heatsink off.

Snake-Eyes said:
It's a very good idea to get ramsinks.
but not absolutly necessary? ill order them today, but it may take a week or so to get here. i guess ill just make my system set up without the GPU in it, then when i get the sinks i'll include the GPU in the loop.

even with a water cooling system, it is still good to have airflow in the case. Keep in mind that watercooling a gpu makes it cooler, but it makes the voltage regulator on the card hotter because you are removing its airflow that it gets from the gpu heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom