about VGA silencer rev 3 IMPORTANT - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Angry about VGA silencer rev 3 IMPORTANT

=== For Asus Radeon 9600XT owner only ====

Watch out if you intend to purchase a VGA silencer rev 3 from Arctic Cooling.

There is a compatibility problem with the fan (the plug differs form the original fan)

The technicians will tell you to cut your plug and simply connect it to the VGA silencer which my cause (like what happened to me) the VGA silencer to work for two hours.....

so frustrating !

Old 06-18-2004, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii

Welcome to forums julot!...

Did you get an RMA on it? If they told you to cut it and rewire their product and it lasts for 2 hours, they should be held reliable..

Old 06-21-2004, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thumbs down VGA silencer rev 3 following...

thx for your advice demalii,

but you now, I think either Arctic Cooling has the worst customer service / after sales support either they simply do not give a f... about these kind of problems as long as they continue to sell their products.

I get such angry about it that I would love to find a way to spread this issue to a wider scale and hoppefully harm their reputation.

They did not even propose to compensate me for this issue and do not seem to be concerned with the fact it's now been 3 weeks I could not turn on my computer...
Old 06-21-2004, 08:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii

well you could just put your old hsf back onto your video, unless it harmed your video card in some way... I received a bad 9800xt the first time around, the damn package was ripped open, etc.. took me about 2 months to finally get a damn answer from them and they told me it would cost me 10% to have a new one shipped out (rma) because it was out of the 30 day warrenty.. i told them it was bs, i showed them 6 copies of the emails i sent them with dates, etc... and I finally got one of the top people on the phone and told him where I was coming from and he eagerly wanted to send me another video card..

So maybe you should just keep trying with them, calling their support lines, etc.. just don't give up, when a company screws up and they know they did it, they'll wait for the customer to give up, so don't give into their little game! hehe
Closed Thread