About overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plague

Solid State Member
I know what overclocking is supposed to do to but I would like to know the guts of it. Like what parts of a pc can be overclocked and for each of those parts how do I go about doing it. If you reply this could you explain this to me in the most basic english possible? Even if you know of a sight that could explain it to me please post it in a link.

Isnt the point of posting things to have people reply to them? I hope Im not the only one in that mode of thinking.....

Man its been twelve hours, not to mention you posted at night so no ones gonna visit between 8PM and 9AM. Majority of hits are daytime so just sit back and take a deep breath. You think an attitude like that makes people wanna help you out? If so you got it wrong pal. Not to mention theres probably been nearly 20 threads on exactly this topic, if you did a LITTLE looking you could find one. Or maybe just type overclocking into www.google.com ?

Regardless, Ill let you in on a little bit.

Overclocking is merely the idea of pushing hardware to a higher performance. Tons of things can do this, from BIOS settings to extreme cooling. Common overclocked parts are: processor, RAM and GPUs.

sorry about that didnt mean to sound like I had an attitude thought maybe people wouldnt respond cause it was a dumb question. Thanks for the info, are there any sights you could recommend that might show me how to overclock my processor?

p.s. sorry again if I sounded like a jerk, wasnt intentional :\

thank you very much for the links to those sites (double checked to make sure its spelled right this time) I appreciate it, and god bless the internet for having a favorites folder so that I can eat a sandwhich with one hand and surf the web with the other. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom