About to Overclock......need advice and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is your ambient tempurature in and outside of the case

i would think you would be able to hit 3
i use a 1.8ghz and the highest ive gotten it stable is 2180mhz with the stockcpu cooler

My ambient temp inside my case when idle is around 25c-27c, and my cpu temp is around 38-40 (goes to high 40's when playing online Multiplayer games after 2 hours or so.) I haven't overclocked anymore but will overclock tonight and see if i can't get it to around 2.9 GHz. If i get to 3 GHz that will be all she wrote:)

BTW - Thanks for all the help you guys have given me.:)

I think it's that XFX 6600GT that's holding you back, XFX aren't really the..........har har just kidding dude, sorry bad joke I know :p

It's a process but i'm almost at 3.0GHz :) Heres my O.C so far.....

CPU Clock 2969.93 MHz (original: 2400 MHz, overclock: 24%)

CPU FSB 164.99 MHz (original: 133 MHz, overclock: 24%)

Tested this with 12 hours of Prime95....should i test my O.C with anything else? Another program?

Joshshift, I changed my Voltage up .05 (Why you ask? because i had O.C so far and thought it would be a good idea....it was not:()and my computer got really upset (talked about it previously in this thread). So basically my voltage is the same as it was when i started O.C. Anyways i'm O.C an Intel so it might be different for an AMD (voltage wise) but i'm sure someone else in this fourm could clear that up for us. Anyone?

i just wanted to know, for reference sake. i have an amd and it got unstable at 2.4ghz (originally 1.8) wondering if a voltage increase might help but i dought it because windows went corrupt...not a hardware issue. i wonder if there is a way around my windows corruption so that i can OC even more.

Tested this with 12 hours of Prime95....should i test my O.C with anything else? Another program?
Play games for a couple hours, games like doom3, HL2, far cry, run 3dmark05 and 03 in a few loops, or just leave it for a couple hours or so, if it passes all of these things without troubles it's stable.

AMD's IMO are more fun and intriquite to overclock simply because it seems like theres a lot more things to tweak....Intels it's like....raise FSB add voltage boom overclocked.....with AMD64's especially the RAM alone is an insane process in overclocking with all the tons of options in the program AMD64 tweaker

Ok. Prime95 finally failed.....So increase my voltage and try again, right? The only thing is when i increased my voltage before it seemed to screw my system up, was that because there was no need for me to increase it? And will increasing to now straighten everything out? Anyways i guess i'll try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom