About to Overclock......need advice and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol yeah you don't have to use prime95 for 12 hours every 5MHz bump.

But yeah 48-49C full load temp is fine, I'd stop whenever you hit 55C full load though.

Tried to increase the Voltage up .05 MHz.....:( My computer got a little pissed at me....decided he like the Windows screen a little too much. Had to reboot and lower the voltage back to auto.
oh by the way i have no audio any more..:(:(:( Don't know what happened but my integrated audio "SoundMax" doesn't respond when i click on it....:(:(
I SCREWED myself.... didn't I?
I KILLED my audio.... didn't I?
OH, MOther Of Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEED A NEW MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:(:(

uh no just try reinstalling the drivers or resetting the cmos

little jumper on the mobo
covers two pins out of three move it to cover the other two and then move back to where it was at first
*note do this while your comp is off*

yeah I've had to reinstall sound drivers on more than one occasion dude you're ok

:SLAP!: Get a grip on yourself man! :p

Reinstalled Drivers........mission failed.......same problem.........:(
I don't have any "soundmax" discs so this doesn't look good...:(
I plugged the the two pins like you said aspire and when my computer booted again it looked for new hareware automatically....but couldn't find any....:(

uninstall the drivers, then reinstall them, also since you reset your CMOS your BIOS is now back to normal, so make sure if it's integrated sound that it's enabled....if it's not integrated then like I said, completely uninstall the sound drivers then reinstall.

Drivers can always be found online. Google up the maker

where did you get the drivers from? aka did you use the latest drivers?

also maybe try going into bios and puutting everything to optimized defaults
when i messed with the pci agp frequency once it killed my sound too and worked after loading optimized defaults

Ok. i totally unistalled my Drivers for SoundMax, then downloaded the newest drivers off the Asus web site. When i goto install the drivers it looks like it's installing but then my computer Beeps and says "Drivers cannot be found, installation connot be completed. Please restart system and try again".....:(
I guess i should have a real soundcard anyways,lol.

Wow, talk about crapping your pants.....LOL. I went into BIOS and did the default settings thing and was then able to install the new drivers successfully. I HAVE SOUND BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

lol......now how thrilled are you about overclocking still!? :p

I've lost sound drivers plenty of times, I've had my BIOS go wacky and corrupt because it gave me nothing but blue screens, a quick flash fixed it but still it went from normal to just ERROR!! ERROR!! and just didn't like me anymore, I've had it corrupt a windows installation........tis the price you pay for free CPU speed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom