About to overclock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him is correct, your BIO's is completely edited. The first step to OC your computer, is knowing exactly what hardware you have. Along with your hardwares specs. Before i buy anything, i read tons of reviews. Try to learn as much as possible before i buy anything. Then after that, decide if i should get it. If i come across something i dont understand, i search yahoo and google for information/post here. Once i feel i learned enough, when i can completely understand all aspects. I will start tampering around. Gateway's computer products cannot handle OC ability's. In order to OC, you must have voltage options. If your board has none, then that indicates it cannot run stable with increased voltage. So DL some aftermarket program to OC, is a laibility. When you OC, your RAM frequency increases also. Cheap RAM cant handle increased speed. So pretend you OC your processor, your RAM will OC also. If your processor can handle it, but your RAM cant. Then your system will not run stable. When you OC you gain alot of heat. So you must have some type of temperature monitor. Along with a cooling system. You just cannot run into the BIO's and start OC. Without a temperature monitor, or the knowledge of what kind of hardware your system is equiped with. You also need to learn what is the rite amount of voltage for every increasement. To much or to little wont run stable.

great post on that, and i guess there is no hope left for this [insert the worst adjetive here] computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom