Abit 3rd eye boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey_finn

Solid State Member
Hi people thanks for reading hope you can help!

ive just built a new pc with a amd 64 3500+, abit av8 3rd eye mobo, 1gb corsair xms ddr400, nvidia 256mb 5700 oc card,400w psu and 82gb 7200rpm hitachi hdd (useing ide connection) the problem im having is when i boot up it takes 15mins when booted everything is fine, it stops on verifying dmi pool data for about 3mins then goes blank then hangs at the xp progress bar for ages it moves really slowly then the xp start up screen appears and it boots normally!

ive checked my ide cables (even replaced them)
boot sequence is correct in bios 1 floppy 2 hdd 3 cd-rom

i though the first time is was a bad ide controller on the mobo so i sent it back got a new one and its exactly the same! im pulling my hair out here any help would be great thanks for your time in advance

Unpulg the power cord, take out the battery, hold it out for 5 minutes, put it back in, plug in the comp, and boot.

Go to the bios and select 'Load Optimized defaults', save and exit.

Hope it helps.

have you formatted the harddrive though? As you have done a major upgrade.

Do what Alex said as well.

yeah it was a fresh drive i formatted it (and not the quick option either) ive just unpluged the board taken the batterys out the board as you said but it hasnt helped im thinking it might be the psu dont know what else to try any ideas? thanks for posting

Mickey_finn, i have that same mobo. I know that mobo is made for SATA. I would of never got IDE, Seral SATA is the way to go man.

This mobo has alot to do with Raid and Serial SATA. I personally think thats what Abit wants people to do with it. Im pretty positive it supports IDE. Did you format that HDD before installing Windows on it?

im going to go sata eventually but the board does support ide therefore ide should work! i get what your saying and i will go that way in the end ie next payday! but until then i would likme to use my pc! yeah the drive was farmatted before this new board went in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom