A7N8X-E Deluxe problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaft

Beta member
can anybody please help me. i am building a new system for a friend, i have a bit of experience in this having built 20-30 systems, but am having problems with this one!

straight away i noticed that there was no agp warning light beneath the slot. according to the manual there should be. i wondered if this may somehow break the circuit (i'm no electronics wizard!)

i am not getting anything but an initial click from the board, no sound, no bios, nothing on screen. the onboard power light works and the cpu fan works but that's it. i tried an old pci graphics card but that didn't work either. all parts used work in my tower except for the m/board. i am pretty sure everything is set up as it should be.

the spec is:

A7N8X-E deluxe m/board
550w power supply
agp nvidia graphics card
2x 512mb elixir 400mhz ddr pc3200 mem sticks
amd athlon xp 3200 cpu

has anybody any ideas please?

thank you

shaft.

thats very strange. i hve the same mobo/processor. im not sure if i have a light by the agp slot (let me check) nope no warning light on mine either but still i get beeps clicks and talking when i turn mine on. maybe yours is deffective.

thanks for that DSN, at least i now know that the board should still work without the warning light!

the light the manual is talking about is the mobo light.. showing that power is going to the mobo and it's ready.. which is under the 4th pci slot... Most likely it looks like you've got a dead cpu with those kinda symptoms. Perhaps you should check the ram also on www.asus.com maybe the board isn't compatible with that kinda ram or there are known problems with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom