A7800GS G71 up to 20PP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGELLIS

In Runtime
Hi, I have a Leadtek A7800GS card with the nVidia G71 Core (7900) my card at the moment is only enabled for 16 Pixel Pipelines, the G71 is certainally rated for 24 Pixel Pipelines. Because this is an AGP card it uses the HSA bridge, that is only rated for 20 PPs so could I do a BIOS mod to switch to 20 PPs I have googled all over for this mod but nothing returns! Any help would be appreciated as I know this is a pretty OCable chip as I have increased it to almost double stock levels with complete stability and no voltmodding!

Thanks in advance

Ruan

I dont think you can. So far the only videocards that can unlock pipes/vertex shaders i the 6800 6800gs in agp form.(from nvidia)

Does it say it's the G71 core on the chip itself, or did you just hear somewhere it has the G71. AFAIK only the 7800GS+ from Gainward uses the g71.

No, its defs a G71, I know it was advertised as that, when I take the H/S off it says G71-GT-X-XX cant remember, and under rivatuner it shows up as a G71! I know this chips a good'un becuase it overclocks from 300/600 to around 575/740 staying at a cool 61deg (Temp sensor probably dodgy). I'm unsure as to whether I can just do a BIOS mod, becuase im worried as to whether the HSA bridge would crap up with 20 pps and go :(. Im sure theres a way, but its probably a little too extreme to do! I'm 16 and that card was about 1 1/2 years of saving! I just would like to know if it can be done, and how successful it is!

Ruan

Im now cacking myself as whether to do it. If it screws, then can I just revert to a different OS which hasnt has RT modded and then switch back?

Ruan

Well, I thought bugger it and so I did it, and after all that fuss... nothing for the PP mod or the VP mod, does someone know how to get round this, also is it the HSA bridge thats saying its 16pp/6vp?

Ruan

there might be a possibilit of them cutting the pipelines so you can't use them even though its a G71 core

:( thats made me very upset. It says under the menu that there are 2 pixel units that can be enabled, i have tried both and the detection at the start will not show the newer pipes enabled it just sits at 16! I would have thought that it would just crash or something or artefact, but no nothing, ive also tried enabling Vertex shaders to no avail. I would have thought that if it was a chip that didnt "make it" then it would fail to boot? Oh well, performance is good enough, (would be nice to have 20 pipes though)

Ruan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom