9800xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just stop talking who cares what other people are running at, at lesat they can own you :eek:

what i really care about is my money :)

Hey you where the one that told me to wait, and the looks of things it will only be 50 ATM. Heres hoping i get paid more. (mom wanted cash for the DFI ><)

i need like 70 dollars this week, and an additional 20 dollars then the rest you can pay me SOON please christmas is coming soon

woot woot, i dont know where this thread is going

but im getting my G.skill extreme series 2*1GB :) today :D :D :cool:

then i get to fire up my new system

DFI UT NF4 ultra-D
2*1GB G.skill extreme series
eVGA 7800GT

though i need a new psu :eek: aspire 500W

another thread that just stinks of BS flying around

I was playing HL2 maxed out w/ 6x AA and 8X AF w/ a 5700 OCd.
FX series can't play HL2 in DX9, so that right there is already technically not 'maxed out'

There is such a thing as a limit to how you can 'set your computer up right' dude......I don't even think my 6800GT OC'd well beyond the Ultra specs that I run it at would be running the crap that you're claiming in BF2....and this is talkin with a fresh install, OC'd CPU, OC'd RAM, OC'd GPU on an AMD64 system.

Yes I know how to optimize my computer for games, so please dont come back with "You guys just dont know how to do it like me" that I've seen you repeating a few times over.

No it doesn't matter whether we believe you or not, but those are still pretty ridiculous claims......hell so is burned-ati for that matter and various other comments I've seen of his around these forums....but don't take this comment as a personal attack, I'm just posting what I think, pure and simple

You cant play BF2 maxed out w/ all that? You got somethig going on wrong there man. My friend plays it maxed out w/ a Leadtek 6800GT and a 3000+ A64 un OCd. He also has alot running too cause he uses his computer for internet purposes as well. BF2 isnt really that strong of a game. And for that particular video card it is maxed out. Also my 9800XT has 8 pipes so i WILL compare it to a 6600GT.

9800XT to a 6600GT?

412MHz Core Speed to 500Mhz Core Speed? And thats with the 9800XT lacking SM3.0 support? Dream on.

Heres an example; A FX-57, with 1GB RAM and a GeForce 6800Ultra. BF2 maxed out with 4xAA on 1280x1024.

Result? 55-65fps average. Consider that what you may, that is a benchmark made by CPU (Computer Power User) magazine. You consider that maxed out? Fine. You consider 55-65fps to be less than what you want? Fine. I'm not flaming anyone, but thats a direct result from one of the more respectable PC magazines out there (Anand Lal Shimpi and Kyle Bennet, founders of Anandtech and [H]ardOCP, respectively, write for it).

Im running 1.5gig of DC ram and a 2600+ @2.3ghz. I do the same thing. I was comparing the 6600GT w/ the 9800XT between pipes. Oh and SM3 isnt used yet so get over yourself on that one.

SM3.0 isn't used yet? Dude...every decent game out there uses SM3.0. A X850Pro should smoke a 6800Ultra. But does it? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom