9800pro to a 9800XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
i searched TF, and nothing came up. right now im trying to mod my 9800pro to a 9800XT. i cant seem to flash my bios.

i have an ati 9800pro 128Mb with hynix memory, and a R360 core.

i downloaded flashrom. and a gecube 9800XT 128MB for hynix memory. into a bootable dos floppy disk. i type in flashrom -f -p 0 9800XT.bin and a couple of seconds go by, it says read error. or file error. and it says press 1 to continue. i press 1. and it goes back to />A or what not. i tried a club3d bios and it still doesnt work. (i also renamed my files to 9800XT.bin) i WANT TO HAVE A 9800XT!

can someone give me a link to another bios. or opinons on what coud be wrong?

ok, so i downloaded another bios, and upgrade flashrom. i restarted booted up typed flashrom -f -p 0 9800XT.bin. it WORKED MAN IT WORKED> restarted. went into windows. said finding new hardware. 9800XT BABY> pressed the start button. whole system rebooted. screen went black and not coming alive. rebooted manually, came up screen was all distoreted. bad bad, restarted manually. reinstalled the old bios, good thing i made a backup, and now im back with my 9800pro. do you think it was the bios fault? should i try a different bios . im going to try a different bios and get back to you guys

Awesome. I'm glad it worked for you. Sometimes when you flash bioses like that you get artifacts like doing it from 6600 to gt. I guess you were lucky.

well its probably mostly i had the R360 core, and the hynix whatever memory. and i dunno. but usually the 9800pro is probably the easiest to flash. or the highest chances. actually the 6800 to a 6800GT just a little slower would be that one, cause you can just do like 2 clicks of the mouse and you just unlocked 4 pipelines and one vertex shader. anyways. i like it now i have a 9800XT not a pro lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom