9800Pro or 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenken

Baseband Member
My friend needs a new video card and he has decided between these two which performs better?

I think that a Google search or a Tech-Forums search would have answered this for you.

Anyways, the 6600GT will perform better.

What kind of question is that? unfortunetely, the 9800PRO is still a contender, and it is going to be hard to make that card go away. It's a killer card, but NVidia kicks ass. I would say the 6600GT. The absence of GDDR3 in the ATI is one of the winning factors for the 6600GT, and the presence of PS 3.0 in the NVidia.

Let us not let this become a flame war for fanboys. Please, no stupid fanboy comments.

Him said:
What kind of question is that? unfortunetely, the 9800PRO is still a contender, and it is going to be hard to make that card go away. It's a killer card, but NVidia kicks ass. I would say the 6600GT. The absence of GDDR3 in the ATI is one of the winning factors for the 6600GT, and the presence of PS 3.0 in the NVidia.

Let us not let this become a flame war for fanboys. Please, no stupid fanboy comments.

It's not because of the memory, it's because of the core. ATI has quite a bit more memory bandwidth than that 6600GT

However 6600GT clearly comes out on top

I didnt say it was because of the memory, I said that the memory is one of the winning factors. GDDR3 is FAAAAR superior to DDR which is in the 9800, therefore it is a winning factor for the NVidia.

But yes, the NVidia does reign supreme.

Him said:
I didnt say it was because of the memory, I said that the memory is one of the winning factors. GDDR3 is FAAAAR superior to DDR which is in the 9800, therefore it is a winning factor for the NVidia.

But yes, the NVidia does reign supreme.

But the ATI has a 700mhz memory interface at 256 bits and the 6600GT has a 1.0GHZ memory interface at 128 bits.

Theirfor the ATI card is a hell of alot faster memory wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom