9800gtx+ vs gtx 260

Status
Not open for further replies.
zmatt.. dude i like your advice but you start somethin new every post it seems like. im a noob so i cant talk but in the future you dont have to bash on me cuz i dont know what im talkin about lol, im on here to learn and help others with what i learn. I usually learn the hard way, so why not with overclocking lol? But yeah im gonna leave her around 650/xxxx/1200mem when I get my new computer built. Those will probably be my permanent clocks.

Thanks a ton everyone, this forum is great

That 4850 is was overpriced man. It should cost closer to 98 pounds. My monitor is also 1280x1024 analog lcd. And you think you have old gear. I have a TRS-80 MC10 sitting with me. Runs M$ basic 1.0 copyright 1980. The cpu is under 1mhz. its about 900khz.
It comes to no suprise to me that you would be able to get this card cheaper,please can you do us a favor & post the link for the 4850 for £98?I will get that for my second machine.Is VAT included in that?

Just because what is fast always changes is no sound excuse for not getting what is best now.
See you've lost me again,who said that because cards change all the time there is no point in getting the best?Ricanflow said there is no point in arguing whats best because as soon as you've wasted your breath a faster card comes out anyways.Somthing like that anyway,he didn't say as cards that are fast change so much there is no point in buying whats best now.I think you've misinterpretted what he was saying.

zmatt.. dude i like your advice but you start somethin new every post it seems like. im a noob so i cant talk but in the future you dont have to bash on me cuz i dont know what im talkin about lol, im on here to learn and help others with what i learn. I usually learn the hard way, so why not with overclocking lol? But yeah im gonna leave her around 650/xxxx/1200mem when I get my new computer built. Those will probably be my permanent clocks.

Thanks a ton everyone, this forum is great
Amen!!!!

It should be 98 pounds because when converted into USD that's how much a 4850 is here in the US. I don't see any good reason they should charge you guys so much more.

See you've lost me again,who said that because cards change all the time there is no point in getting the best?Ricanflow said there is no point in arguing whats best because as soon as you've wasted your breath a faster card comes out anyways.Somthing like that anyway,he didn't say as cards that are fast change so much there is no point in buying whats best now.I think you've misinterpretted what he was saying.

I'm sorry I lost you trent, but that was what I was replying to. The way he said it makes it seem like just because the turnover rate is so high we shouldn't even bother trying to get the best. I disagree. The release cycle is 6 months and that is plenty of time. With the reviews coming out when the card is first released then we can quickly determine how good it is and then decide whether to recommend it or not. That way we are smarter consumers and we give a better service to the people who come here for advice. Whats not to understand?

I'm not bashing anyone, I'm being honest. My honesty my be more blunt than others but I am not going to walk around an issue. I'm sorry if that offends you.

It should be 98 pounds because when converted into USD that's how much a 4850 is here in the US. I don't see any good reason they should charge you guys so much more.

It's not that simple dude...there are other things like VAT that add into the cost.

Thanks everyone for the advice, Its gave me piece of mind in buying $70 more in gpu over the 9800gtx+. this thread shuld die now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom