9800gtx+ vs gtx 260 - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-19-2008, 11:21 PM   #51 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 202
Default Re: 9800gtx+ vs gtx 260

zmatt.. dude i like your advice but you start somethin new every post it seems like. im a noob so i cant talk but in the future you dont have to bash on me cuz i dont know what im talkin about lol, im on here to learn and help others with what i learn. I usually learn the hard way, so why not with overclocking lol? But yeah im gonna leave her around 650/xxxx/1200mem when I get my new computer built. Those will probably be my permanent clocks.

Thanks a ton everyone, this forum is great
__________________

Jtumble2 is offline  
Old 09-19-2008, 11:25 PM   #52 (permalink)
The Bulldog
 
zmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In an empty Ramen packet
Posts: 4,660
Default Re: 9800gtx+ vs gtx 260

I'm not trying to bash you. I don't want you to damage your gear. I may seem a little anal but you can damage or ruin your parts if you aren't careful.
__________________

__________________


ポップ・タルトが大好きです。
<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
zmatt is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 08:01 AM   #53 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: U.K
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmatt View Post
That 4850 is was overpriced man. It should cost closer to 98 pounds. My monitor is also 1280x1024 analog lcd. And you think you have old gear. I have a TRS-80 MC10 sitting with me. Runs M$ basic 1.0 copyright 1980. The cpu is under 1mhz. its about 900khz.
It comes to no suprise to me that you would be able to get this card cheaper,please can you do us a favor & post the link for the 4850 for £98?I will get that for my second machine.Is VAT included in that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmatt View Post
Just because what is fast always changes is no sound excuse for not getting what is best now.
See you've lost me again,who said that because cards change all the time there is no point in getting the best?Ricanflow said there is no point in arguing whats best because as soon as you've wasted your breath a faster card comes out anyways.Somthing like that anyway,he didn't say as cards that are fast change so much there is no point in buying whats best now.I think you've misinterpretted what he was saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtumble2 View Post
zmatt.. dude i like your advice but you start somethin new every post it seems like. im a noob so i cant talk but in the future you dont have to bash on me cuz i dont know what im talkin about lol, im on here to learn and help others with what i learn. I usually learn the hard way, so why not with overclocking lol? But yeah im gonna leave her around 650/xxxx/1200mem when I get my new computer built. Those will probably be my permanent clocks.

Thanks a ton everyone, this forum is great
Amen!!!!
Trent5281 is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #54 (permalink)
The Bulldog
 
zmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In an empty Ramen packet
Posts: 4,660
Default Re: 9800gtx+ vs gtx 260

It should be 98 pounds because when converted into USD that's how much a 4850 is here in the US. I don't see any good reason they should charge you guys so much more.


Quote:
See you've lost me again,who said that because cards change all the time there is no point in getting the best?Ricanflow said there is no point in arguing whats best because as soon as you've wasted your breath a faster card comes out anyways.Somthing like that anyway,he didn't say as cards that are fast change so much there is no point in buying whats best now.I think you've misinterpretted what he was saying.
I'm sorry I lost you trent, but that was what I was replying to. The way he said it makes it seem like just because the turnover rate is so high we shouldn't even bother trying to get the best. I disagree. The release cycle is 6 months and that is plenty of time. With the reviews coming out when the card is first released then we can quickly determine how good it is and then decide whether to recommend it or not. That way we are smarter consumers and we give a better service to the people who come here for advice. Whats not to understand?


Quote:
Amen!!!!
I'm not bashing anyone, I'm being honest. My honesty my be more blunt than others but I am not going to walk around an issue. I'm sorry if that offends you.
__________________


ポップ・タルトが大好きです。
<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
zmatt is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #55 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
gurusan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,562
Send a message via MSN to gurusan
Default Re: 9800gtx+ vs gtx 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmatt View Post
It should be 98 pounds because when converted into USD that's how much a 4850 is here in the US. I don't see any good reason they should charge you guys so much more.
It's not that simple dude...there are other things like VAT that add into the cost.
__________________
|| 2500K @ 5GHz 1 thread, 4.8 2 threads, 4.6 3, 4.5 4 1.284V ||
|| P8P67-M Pro || 8GB @ 2133MHz ||
|| 5850 @ 1000/1225 || XFX 650W || Silverstone FT03B ||
|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
gurusan is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
The Bulldog
 
zmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In an empty Ramen packet
Posts: 4,660
Default Re: 9800gtx+ vs gtx 260

That is an absurdly high tax then.
__________________


ポップ・タルトが大好きです。
<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
zmatt is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 202
Default Re: 9800gtx+ vs gtx 260

Thanks everyone for the advice, Its gave me piece of mind in buying $70 more in gpu over the 9800gtx+. this thread shuld die now
Jtumble2 is offline  
Old 09-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #58 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: 9800gtx+ vs gtx 260

So lock it?
__________________

__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$206 MSI GTX 260 @ Newegg! (Open Box) BennyV04988 New Systems | Building and Buying 7 08-16-2008 01:03 PM
Help with GTX 260 Mufasa99 New Systems | Building and Buying 7 07-26-2008 12:12 AM
XFX Offers Cash Back To GTX 260 & 280 Owners Osiris Monitors, Printers and Peripherals 7 07-17-2008 12:35 PM
ATI readies OEM Special: SuperRV770 to challenge GeForce GTX 260, 280 NightSurge New Technology and Products 24 07-05-2008 04:12 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.