9800GTX Aftermarket cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
I'm looking at getting an aftermarket cooler for the 9800GTX card, and found on Thermalright's site, I just wanted to know if anyone had done this mod or not

replacing stock cooling for this
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N877-AR GeForce 9800 GTX SSC 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics
with aftermarket
http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_p...hr03reva.htm?art=MTQyMywxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==
seems that it's compatable from this, just wanted to know how hard this would be to do, and any warnings

It really isn't any harder than installing a CPU HSF. Just unscrew the original and install the new one.

thats not always true cvb

CPU HSFs just come right off and on

on GPU's there are integrated memory chips that you need to cover for some cards (some HSFs cover it on its own)

Check out the accelero s1 rev2. ITs a lot cheaper than the thermalright and is pretty much on par in cooling.

thats not always true cvb

CPU HSFs just come right off and on

on GPU's there are integrated memory chips that you need to cover for some cards (some HSFs cover it on its own)

Not for a 9800GTX. I've installed countless (20 or more) coolers on video cards so yes I agree with you but that's no longer the case. ATI and nVidia both realize most of their cards will be modded now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom