9800 Pro -> XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The card's already running at >XT speeds and it's got an arctic cooler already, so it should be ok to overclock/flash.

I'm going to do it. And if it dies, I'm going to buy a 6800GS. And then I'm going to play BF2 for forty days and forty nights....

The 6800gs will come no where close to taking advantage of 512mb of memory. You should have saved some money and gotten the 256mb model or spent about the same and gotten a 7800gs.

well, i did it. It worked. You know how much difference it made to BF2?

None. I wouldn't recommend it.

Still, my card's not dead...... yet.....
Hmm you have the same setup as my LAN setup. I run BF2 max settings 1024x768 w/ 2xAA. my frame rate usualy stays around 25. Are you sure it didnt make a difference?
UPDATE: I've just ordered a Gainward Bliss 512Mb 6800GS Golden Sample.... Can't wait til that bad boy arrives....
SHould have bought the Gainward 7800GS and the 6800GS is kinda a waste of money now. Also its not the cards that uses the ram its the game and so far only Doom3 uses 512mb of ram. Not worth it.

Yep, no difference at all, was still @ 1024x768, all on low and still 30-35 FPS.

I couldn't afford a 7800GS, those things are upwards of £50 more than I paid for the 6800 (£160 inc VAT). And i kinda knew already that most games don't use 512MB, but seeing as the card was so cheap.....

Now I've got it installed, I'm getting 10000 points less on Aquamark than I was with the 9800!! FFS!

I've tried both the latest drivers and the ones that came with it (80.xx) and both are as bad as each other.

Any ideas?

Idk man im clueless. That 6800GS should smoke the **** outa the 9800pro. But the 9800 should be able to keep up w/ BF2 on high at least on that res cause mine does too and i have an Athlon XP 2600+ as well w/ it.

Yeah, I'm in the dark too mate. I've just taken out a 256mb DIMM thats slower than the corsair 2x512 that are there cos Aopen EZClock was telling me that my RAM was running at 276Mhz. Now it's saying it's at 400, so that might make a difference.

Other than that, I'm stuck. I'm going to start another thread on the subject, maybe that'll throw something up. Cheers for your input, catch ya on the flipside!

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom