9800 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak_smallz

In Runtime
This i have heard is one of the best "bang for you buck" cards. It can play everything now and is less than $300. My only question is, with the new 6800 and the X800, how long will this card last? In terms of gaming. If you look at the benchmarks for some of the newer games, its performance is substancially (up to 50 fps on high settings, 10-30 fps on regular settings) lower then the top of the line cards. If someone buys this card now, how long can they expect it to hold out with new games focusing on the newer cards' performances?

Well I say wait until you get some good thorough reviews of the 6600GT and X700 coming out in AGP

I would also wait to see how the new generation mid-range cards handle the latest games - the 9800 Pro would still definitely satisfy your needs but wouldn't it be better to spend your money on the latest technology? With the latest technology you will be getting updated drivers for longer, and the technology is supposedly more stable.

All I've heard is 'By or around christmas' regarding the arrival of the 6600GT and X700 in AGP. Yes wheely the 9800PRO indeed is a very good card, but with these new generation cards coming out, you gotta atleast give em a chance. The X600 however, I heard is basically worthless and you should stay away from it as it doesn't compare to anything, not even their own previous gen cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom