955 BE BSoD

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
So my 955 just started a new run of bluescreens during a session of Bioshock Infinite and GTAV. After a couple hours or as little as 30 minutes it gives me 0x124 and 0xA so that's a CPU NB increase I've gathered.

Question is, how far should a CPU NB be turned up and how long until it simply needs more vCore?

124 is usually something being clocked too high. Use Prime95 to check for CPU stability.

CPU NB shouldn't be over 2200 with 1.3v.
I would also check those temps when you're primeing the CPU.

Update and bump for visibility.

Seems to be something else. I'm going to post my numbers and just turn the OC back to 3.6 until I get the A/C on and time to properly re-overclock it.

cCYlAJAh.jpg

9M2AWUgh.jpg

wbpDxiGh.jpg

Last edited:
Revisiting this, I discovered after doing a case clean up yesterday that the 8 pin CPU power was not in all the way/correctly. Could this have caused issues in stability do to lack of power? Or would a true bad connection (it had 4 in, 4 halfway in and not clicked in) have not let it start at all?

Yea that could have caused a stability issue. 4pins provide efficient juice for regular clocks but not quite enough for overclocking 125w chips. Not having the extra 4 pins could have been an issue.

Back
Top Bottom