939 Newcastle 3400+ HIGH OC RESULTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-CHRIS

Golden Master
Ok this was not prime stable, and the voltage was at 1.725. I will try to go higher later when dual cores come out, so I would not be at a huge loss if i were to fry it.

oc21lq.jpg

Damn, 2.6ghz. Great OC yo. You should try to hit 1.8 volts. Are you going to keep it that way? What are your temps?

If you guys can convince me, i will try 1.8 volts.

I got 2.65GHZ with another .25 volts more. Idle temps are shown in the pic.

I will try 1.8 volts when my as5 sets in properly, or when i have to reput it on.

I have to edge off a mhz or 2 on the FSB to make it prime stable though.

Yeah your desktop is a mess. 1.8 voltage would be nice : ) Man, my freaking avatar keeps acting gay..... Anyways, 2.7ghz would be something to stay with, if you could get that from 1.8 volts.

If I am reading your idle temperatures correctly, you can easily go further than your current speed and voltage increase will not be an issue.

Yeah, i agree. I wouldent worry about frying anything. Man this site just got updated.. Im not to sure i like it. Theirs no more avatars...IDK, i cant get mine back on.

2.65 GHZ at 1.750 or 1.8 volts gets me this result. I think my mobo is maxing out, i could later try raising the multi and lowering ram.

oc53ux.jpg

I'd be watching that AGP and PCI bus if I were you. Supposed to be 66:33 normal and you're hitting 75:37....that's definitely pushing it. With that you're looking to fry more than just the CPU.

1.8v is nothing though. Unless you're at 55C+ full load or something just keep pushing it. I pushed 2.225vcore through my CPU trying to get 2.8GHz stable so I'm sure yours will be fine up to 1.9 and a little beyond, but like I said your AGP:pCI bus needs to be locked, but I'm assuming your BIOS doesnt have that option or something.

Other than that, it is indeed a nice OC

EDIT: Also unless you've lowered your multi once already you won't be able to raise it. The 64's can only lower the multi with the exception of the FX's, but I'm assuming you lowered it from 10.5 or 11 down to 10 or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom