92mm Tornado Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
Does these have 80mm mounting holes or do I need a special adapter? I will already have a special adapter for 80-60mm for the fan, if it wont mount up to 80mm holes, I'll just get the 80mm Vantec Tornado instead. This is to cool my cpu, which is running fairly warm right now. Plus I just got some money to blow.

lol no...a 92mm fan has to have 92mm holes for it...its just a bigger square so the bolt points are obviously gonna be further apart. Where do you want to place it? I got the 80mm.....that sombeeotch is LOUD dude...take my word for it you'll hear it in the other room if you have it as a case fan...best bet is to have it for your CPU fan and get a sunbeam rheobus fan controller..thats what I did...so you can turn that damn thing down...it'll drive you insane otherwise. And I'm one of those that doesn't care too much about sound but even that just was too much.

Okay..... I was planning on getting one for my cpu with a 60-80mm fan duct. It says it has an rpm sensing cord with it, would I be able to plug that into my mobo?

Nope....trying to force too much into one thing.....By the time the air got down to the little 60mm fan it'd be at such force that it'd be causing the 60mm to spin faster than it can handle, so really that fans not doing so much as pushing the air but rather being turned itself.....you'd also probably get quite the whine out of the motors and again like I said in another thread regarding your tornado you'd probably burn out the smaller fans motor......the tornado could handle that 150 - 80mm duct mod though being that it's high performace and could take that extra wind....doubt triple hooking it would work though. but hell try it and let us know :p

What smaller fan? There would be one fan and two adapters.
I think I'm just going to get the 80-60mm adapter and the tornado, that should provide adequate cooling right?

ok....but what 60mm spot are you gonna put it on is my question? I was assuming you were going to attach a 60mm fan on it AND the tornado...that's one way of using those ducting mods...but I guess you want to put the 60mm part on your stock heatsink and then put on the 80mm tornado ontop of that? That should provide good cooling, but you should really look into an aftermarket heatsink of some sort.

well aftermarket heatsinks would be good... actually my hs has a 60mm fan mount on it, thats where I would put the 60-80mm duct, and then the fan.

actually my hs has a 60mm fan mount on it, thats where I would put the 60-80mm duct, and then the fan.
Yeah so was my stock heatsink.....don't suppose your CPU fan spins clockwise does it? If you put that duct fan on it and have your tornado on it...since the tornado spins counter-clockwise (most fans do actually) and have the duct sitting on the clockwise spinning 60mm it'd be a compressor action because the blades spin different directions but blow air the same way...it'd increase the air pressure, but still might cause the smaller fan to whine and eventually blow out the motor especially with the tornado since it gets up to 6000RPM easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom