90nm vs .13micron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what he meant was heat is not the only factor. Like he stated the P4 over clocked to 5 ghz was in the negatives but still could not go over the 5ghz limit.

So it really is limited by the architecture as it won't matter how cold or hot it is if the thing can't process the data correctly.

But they both go hand in hand.

Yeah i understood, Tom was the only person ever to hit the architecture limit. For everyone else in the world, temperature is our factor. Yes he is currect, but noone has that problem in reality.

yeah the architecture only plays a role once you have liquid nitrogen cooling to put it down to those subzero temps. Other than that heat plays EVERYTHING on the CPU's max.

I can get my mobile up to 2.8GHz not prime95 stable, but it'll boot into windows. Obviously can't bench it though as the system will just freeze and my temps never went above 45C even with 2.225 Vcore , which lol I don't recommend anyone pump that much Vcore through their CPU :p

Main point is, my CPU might hit 3GHz but only with insane cooling.

In this case I damn near got to it's architectural limit with fairly decent temps.

Point is, unless you are Tom or the maker of that 3GHz FX-53 article I linked, then HEAT is your main problem.

Heat is what destroys components. The only other thing that destroys CPUs and whatnot is Electro-Migration which since it's on a microscopic level, no one really knows why their CPU dies :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom