9 Degrees ON AIR!!!! - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default Re: 9 Degrees ON AIR!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
Negatory, It is not a flammable aerosol, they contain inert gases such as difluoroethane, trifluoroethane, or tetrafluoroethane.

Credit to wikipedia for all the silly names.
I've heard first hand about flammable aerosol. Idiot who worked at the tech shop before me did it while the computer was running (granted it was an ol' p4 which was probably running quite quite hot) and needless to say, the computer didn't work after that.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to CrazeD Send a message via MSN to CrazeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
Negatory, It is not a flammable aerosol, they contain inert gases such as difluoroethane, trifluoroethane, or tetrafluoroethane.

Credit to wikipedia for all the silly names.
Oh, it's definitely flammable. One time I shook one up and turned it upside down and sprayed it on my friend's pant leg, and then he lit it on fire. Extremely flammable, lol.

Intel Q9400 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3P | G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 1000 | XFX HD5870

Need website help? PM me!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeD View Post
You'd have to have ambient temps of like -10C for that. And btw, Speedfan is not known for accuracy.

I've had mine down to like 12-15C once when I left the my window open in the winter for a whole day. It was pretty chilly in my room.
Or just install speedfan on a unsupported motherboard/cpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeD View Post
Oh, it's definitely flammable. One time I shook one up and turned it upside down and sprayed it on my friend's pant leg, and then he lit it on fire. Extremely flammable, lol.
My friend did that once. Except after he lit himself on fire he yelled really loud, leaped through the air and landed on my other friend who was sleeping. It was hilarious
Old 02-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Camera junky

well i ttried lighting the compressed air and it didnt light at all. so not sure what you guys are using. doesnt even have a falamable whimis sign on it.

Falcon Dust-Off XL 12 Oz. 2-Pack Disposable Presentation Miscellaneous FALDSXLP - Vistek Canada Product Detail

Standard Dust-Off products are not flammable and completely safe for normal use, but they do contain some flammable elements

https://www.flickr.com/photos/poizen22/
intel Core I7 8700k@ 5.0ghz-Nvidia GTX1080 ti ftw3-Aorus 5 z370 mobo-16gb ddr4 G-Skill trident Z rgb 3000mhz - 1tb samsung 960 pro, 2tb wd blue- thermaltake rgb 750w gold-Phanteks pro M TG- Samsung CHG70 1440p 144hz 32 inch QLED.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 AM   #25 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to CrazeD Send a message via MSN to CrazeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poizen22 View Post
well i ttried lighting the compressed air and it didnt light at all. so not sure what you guys are using. doesnt even have a falamable whimis sign on it.

Falcon Dust-Off XL 12 Oz. 2-Pack Disposable Presentation Miscellaneous FALDSXLP - Vistek Canada Product Detail

Standard Dust-Off products are not flammable and completely safe for normal use, but they do contain some flammable elements
Tip it upside down, shake it, then spray it on like a table or something. Then light the icey stuff that comes out.

I'm using CleanSafe Dust Remover.

Intel Q9400 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3P | G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 1000 | XFX HD5870

Need website help? PM me!
Old 02-06-2009, 06:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiebuilderguy View Post
Idunno , but I get funny temp readings sometimes too
so your seriously saying that you missed all the talk about out side temps contributing?
Old 02-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #27 (permalink)
Patron

I am at 24C both cores on air with 2.6ghz on E6600 (stock 2.4ghz) and sitting next to it in a t-shirt and shorts (as a gauge for ambient temps). Gpu's are idling at 51C and 55C, hdd temps at 40C
Old 02-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltynay View Post
I am at 24C on air 2.6ghz on E6600 (stock 2.4ghz) and sitting next to it in a t-shirt and shorts (as a gauge for ambient temps).
so is it cold where you live right now. haha has any one read a review about the case that has a refrigerator cooling typed thing in it?.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
Patron

Phase cooling is old news been around for 4+ years, you can buy premade kits and install it in the computer yourself if you wish. Its 3C outside I would guess but the heating is on and its warm in my room guessing around 16-18C
Old 02-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltynay View Post
Phase cooling is old news been around for 4+ years, you can buy premade kits and install it in the computer yourself if you wish. Its 3C outside I would guess but the heating is on and its warm in my room guessing around 16-18C
it just sounds funny putting in a refrigeration unit in computer case, it also failed having warmer temps at load than water cooling:laughing:.

Closed Thread