8800GTX SLi Conclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
hrmm well from my lesson i've learned... 650 WATTS AND 57 AMPS IS NOT ENOUGH TO RUN 8800GTX'S

well it is.. but bone stock.. literally everything must be stock.... i can't oc anything.. i even had to unplug my cd drive!

so in conslusion... get a 750+ watt psu if you want to SLi gtx's!

well i've got it in right now... and i even managed to leave my cpu at 2.7ghz... so its not so bad... fps jump in crysis was almost none.. lol

as for cod4.. i don't think i ever drop below 80fps w/ 1920x1200 and 4xAA so i was pretty please w/ that

i'm definitely sure my cpu at stock is bottlenecking my gpu's :(

i've seen some rosewill xtreme psu's w/ 850 watt and support for 2 8800gtx's for only 130 bucks.. whenever i have money again i may have to get one

more good news, my idle temps w/ my old(new) heatsink (scythe ninja w/ intake and exhaust fans) on are roughly 30c per core at idle.. much better than my old 50c ;)

coretemp.jpg

2.7ghz, stock gtx's
3dmarkhaha.jpg

imma take out my old gtx tonite and see how far i can oc this new single gtx along w/ the cpu... hopefully get a nice 15-16k range score.. hopefully it oc's better.. i've already had it run a 630core run (better than my old gtx) and it did it just fine.. so i'm hoping for the best....

Which PSU?

antec true power trio 650 watt... 57 amps.. 80% efficiency.. NO GO

anywho.. i overclocked my gtx/s to 630/2000 and reached 15k

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

15k3dmark06.jpg

think imma try to run the core up a bit more and run again at 2.7 ghz... i'll try overclocking the cpu a bit i guess while i'm at it..

3dmark06 is too cpu dependent.. i definitely need to overclock

All Results with Similar System Your rank: 2 out of 95. You scored better than 97% of all similar systems.

lol retarded orb

cpu 3.37 ghz idle temps around 34c... single gtx inserted... gonna run 3dmark06 @ 640/1000 brb

welp.. lets skip the single GTX run.. i got 3.37ghz w/ SLi in.. so, why not try that... here are some temps and such w/ 1.4+v!!!

highvolts.jpg

not bad.. i like i like ;)

hmm.. what does it actually do if you OC with both GTXs in?

Just freeze/crash etc?

Those antec supplies aren't amazing, to say the least.

Wow I expected 20k from this, not 100 more points than my GT. Get that PSU upgraded! :D What was your fps exactly in Crysis? Nice temps though, mine don't ever see that low of temps. At least not yet....

Those PSU specs shouldn't pose a problem... I've known people with similar PSU's that have run SLi GTX's and GTS's, GT's etc. with no problems.

Wow I expected 20k from this, not 100 more points than my GT. Get that PSU upgraded! :D What was your fps exactly in Crysis? Nice temps though, mine don't ever see that low of temps. At least not yet....

me too...he isnt too far away from some lesser systems in 3dm06 that i've used....

i think he might hit it though when he oc's everything with his new psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom