7900GS Voltmod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fzk

Baseband Member
I have a eVGA 7900GS OC KO card that has been a great overclocker so far. I can push it well past 600mhz core and 1.4ghz memory from the 500/1380 stock speeds. And under load it only gets 40C after 4+ hours of BF2 at max settings, so heat is not a problem.

Anyways I have heard that the GS line has the same board layout as the GT, but while looking into it last night i saw a post (forget where) that says somebody tried this and the pencil mod was in different spots.

So do you think I could pencil mod it? Will it give me that much more of an OC? My current OC is about par with the other 7900gs's.

what have u been overclocking with? you should turn it waaaay down imediately

get atitool... not for overclocking, it is for scanning for artifacts. you will probably get artifacting within 5 minutes. you should be able to run it for hours w/o artifacting if you have a stable overclock.

i assure you you do not have a stable overclock right now.

have you been monitoring your temps?

...i assure you i have a stable overclock right now...

http://www.fiziks.org/images/videocard-stable.jpg

I have stress tested with ATi tool as well as the nTune for 6+ hours each, no errors. And as for temps I monitor with nTune, nVidia drivers, PC Wizard, and ATi tool which all give me the same reading. Only PC Wizard give me a 698C reading, but the does not go up or down with load. I have a Zalman cooler on it, and a 250mm fan blowing onto that. And my ambient room temp is usually around 20C (I like being cold:).)

Back to my question. Can I do a pencil mod to possibly up my voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom