7900 GT Artifacting

Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

In Runtime
Hey all. My 7900 GT is running at 712/870 without getting too hot, but artifacts if either of the speeds are raised. I've done the voltmod on it, but only the conductive pen mod, not the resistors. What do oyu think is causing the artifacting, have i just reached the limits of the card? My possibilities are - voltmod using the resistor mod and raise the voltage further, and stick a fan near the grfx card which would be blowing air onto the zalman for further cooling. What says you?

Probably the maximum of the card, at those Voltages! More is either just going to get it hetter and hotter, and really not do much!

plant said:
Hey all. My 7900 GT is running at 712/870 without getting too hot, but artifacts if either of the speeds are raised. I've done the voltmod on it, but only the conductive pen mod, not the resistors. What do oyu think is causing the artifacting, have i just reached the limits of the card? My possibilities are - voltmod using the resistor mod and raise the voltage further, and stick a fan near the grfx card which would be blowing air onto the zalman for further cooling. What says you?
that's about how far my 7900 GT got at 1.55V.

if you want to go further, you'll need the voltage to be higher, and a better cooler.

you might want to get RAMsinks on the capacitors, like I've done

how high can these things actually go then? Yeah ive sink'd it up, and im thinking about having a fan blowing onto the zalman for extra cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom