7900/7950 GT Voltmod Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out my voltmod guide is the first hit on a google search:
http://www.google.com.au/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q="7900+gt"+voltmod+guide&btnG=Search&meta=

*edit*
I can confirm that this definitely does work on 256MB 7950 GT's.

I put my 7900 GT into a friends computer (he has an X2 3800+ at 2.4GHZ) and it shorted out - I am pretty sure it was his power supply that did it.

So I went and got a Leadtek 256MB 7950 GT (AU$355, which is a great price), and used my conductive pen to add 0.2V to it (stock voltage is 1.3V in 2D, 1.4V in 3D).

at the current voltage it works at 710MHZ. I'll try upping the voltage later to try and get past 750 again.

Marketing87 [/i][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KingAustin said:
So, how did you figure this out exactly?
[/quote]

Apokalipse said:
the knowledge would have originally come from Nvidia employees I'd say. I got the info by reading a lot of stuff, using google.

I'd say xtremesystems and anandtech are worth mentioning, but I did look at a fair few sites.

what I did was collect all the necesary information, and put it all together in this guide.

something I did create was a possible formula for the 50Kohm resistor mod (I'm not sure exactly how accurate it is, because I haven't tested it):
V = kR + C (voltage = V, resistance = R, in Kohm)
1.2 = 5k + c (1)
1.5 = 50k + c (2)

(2) - (1)
0.3 = 45k
k = 0.3/45 = 1/150

1.5 = 50/150 + C
C = 1.5 - 1/3 = 7/6

V = R/150 + 7/6
or:
150(V - 7/6) = R
where V is the desired voltage, and R is the resistance in Kohms required to get this voltage.

again, I'm not sure how accurate it is, so I didn't include it in the actual guide. but that's what I used to calculate that I got 1.48V using the 47Kohm resistor.

one other thing, I haven't seen anyone else sink their capacitors. that was my idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom