7850 kuma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtic

Baseband Member
I got this CPU last week and as of yet cannot OC it by any means! No matter how slight the OC it crashes my pc on windows boot. I tried going into the bios and amd Overdrive.

Any thoughts ?

CPU-Z Validator 3.0

790X based chipset?

That probably only has support for it natively, you might want to update your BIOS to the latest version, then try again..

yea 790x...and my bios is up to date @1.8 :)

Tried to go back to bios version 1.7 but that didnt work. Tried the flash utility on msi forums..but again that wont work for me either. I have 2 of these mobos and im thinking RMA them both, even try to get a refund if possible.Its either the mobo or the CPU.

either way im about done!

Probably you got a CPU that doesn't like clocking very well..

I don't think you are allowed to exchange just for that..

790X based chipset?

That probably only has support for it natively, you might want to update your BIOS to the latest version, then try again..

x2...

And what board are you running? My buddy has an Asus board that has minimal options for OCing and it doesn't like it at ALL if you even mess with the multiplier.

Wait a minute... Is this just a NB Clock we're talking about?

he should be able to clock that over atleast 3.2, the 7750 can be ran @ 3.2 with no voltage change.

yeah you should just be able to up the multi a bit to achieve a decent result. Make sure your ram voltages and timings are set right when you change something in the cios, a couple of people have had similar issues where odd things would change causing their computer not to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom