7800GS is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted on wikipedia.orgA Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is a transaction whereby the recipient of a product arranges to return defective goods to the supplier to have the product repaired or replaced or in order to receive a refund or credit for another product from the same retailer or corporation.

Generally this is done with goods that are new and have been received DOA (dead on arrival) or when they have become defective while still under warranty. The customer generally calls a customer service phone number and gets some sort of "RMA number" or designation which is written on the bill of lading or other packaging. This is so that the supplier's own shipping and receiving department knows how to route the returned goods and is assured that the customer has talked to someone in customer service.

The specifics vary from one retailer to another and among industries. In some cases the retailer sends RMA forms and packing labels, sometimes even shipping packaging for the return shipment. The labels may provide for the retailer to pay the shipping charges, e.g., by freepost.

Regardless of the details, the process is referred to as an RMA. Sometimes the term is informally used as a verb: "I'll have to RMA that new system because it was DOA."

this is gonna come off really jerkish, but just believe me when I say I'm not trying to

ok this probably makes me look like an idiot but what is RMAing?
Why don't you simply look up what it means when you dont know something? It takes less time than waiting for someone to respond to a post and you'll get into a good habit of simply searching for things before asking things that's been asked a million times. Then you'll save yourself from possibly ever encountering "JEEZ, WHY DONT YOU DO A FRIGGEN SEARCH" and people harping on you.

That's why places like google.com, dictionary.com, and wikipedia.com exist, is for people to search for information

don't be too hard on him the forums are where peoples questions get answered and he had a question and it got answered

He DID say it might sound kinda jerkish but redundant questions like that wouldnt be answered so much if ppl would just search. I mean seriously instead of wasting a post/time just look it up and everybodies lives would be better off and if you get into the habbit of searching for more things you wouldnt have to put a post of sorry if i sound like an idiot but......... Get what im saying? Nubius' post was just pretty much for anybody w/ a redundant question like that thats been answered so many times before.

Back on subject, how much better is the 7600GS in games than your 6800? Did you get any stuttering problems with your 6800? what about the 7800?

don't be too hard on him the forums are where peoples questions get answered and he had a question and it got answered
Like I said dude, I'm not trying to be a jerk or pick on him. Yes forums are places to get questions answered, but when it's a simplistic question that could be answered in 5 seconds from google, then why not using it instead.....then as I also said you'll be in the good habit of searching for stuff instead of running the chance of asking something that's been asked a million times over and REAL jerks picking on you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom