7750 be overclock & vcore TEMPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to try that now, Ill post again in a few minutes with results.
were you getting these temps with the case closed?
and if im shooting for 3.4ghz Ill still need the higher voltage for stability. which will inturn raise temps.

Im going to try that now, Ill post again in a few minutes with results.
were you getting these temps with the case closed?
and if im shooting for 3.4ghz Ill still need the higher voltage for stability. which will inturn raise temps.

yes, it was with pc closed.

altho taht case i used was extremely wack!
nobrandcase.jpg

the entire side panel was the same as a giant peice of modders mesh.
so all kinds of air was able to come in and go out.

that case was not ideal for pc use the way i screwed it up.

but none the less, it worked like i wanted it to.

by the way, the 7750 is rated for 1.2 -1.25v stock.
but like i said earlier, i ran mine @ 1.168 for my 3.2GHz

couldnt get it to pass 5 minutes of a stability test @ 1.33/1.3v. I upped it to 1.41 (+100mv) and I was able to get it stable enough for a few AMD overdrive tests for temps.
46c load case open 15 min
51c load case closed 15 min
38c Idle case closed 10 min
sunbeam heatsink fan, RPM ~ 1938

couldnt get it to pass 5 minutes of a stability test @ 1.33/1.3v. I upped it to 1.41 (+100mv) and I was able to get it stable enough for a few AMD overdrive tests for temps.
46c load case open 15 min
51c load case closed 15 min
38c Idle case closed 10 min
sunbeam heatsink fan, RPM ~ 1938

something does not seem right to me.
but i have the slightest clue on how to fix your problem.

the 38C isnt too bad. but id like to see you in the mid-high 20's
if you have a way to control your fan speed, crank it up a few hundo rpm's to see if you get better readings.

its actually maxxed out; its rated at 1000-2000rpm +/- 10%

how were you able to actually drop the voltage going to the cpu? and what else did you do inorder to get stability at such low volts & 3.2?

its actually maxxed out; its rated at 1000-2000rpm +/- 10%

how were you able to actually drop the voltage going to the cpu? and what else did you do inorder to get stability at such low volts & 3.2?

actually to tell you the truth, 1.168 was the default vcore my mobo gave to it. and i just ran up the multiplier and bus as high as i could go without changing the vcore.

3280 was my highest clock @ that vcore. it was stable enough to run 3dmark06. and thats all i needed out of it as i was just running benchmarks with this chip to compare it with the 6400.

one thing different from your sunbeam to mine, is i am not using the fan that it came with, i upgraded to a 110cfm silverstone fan.
but even still, your 90cfm fan should be enough to keep the 7750 under 33-35c or even under 30.

Ok so I took out my second 4830 because I have to get it ready for RMAing. Anyways, once I took out the second card, I upped the multi to 16.5, and booted at 3.3ghz with a Vcore of 1.48Volts.

Got a SuperPI time of 23.593 seconds :p

Just remember the X2 7750+ is a POWER HUNGRY little chip.

Ok so I took out my second 4830 because I have to get it ready for RMAing. Anyways, once I took out the second card, I upped the multi to 16.5, and booted at 3.3ghz with a Vcore of 1.48Volts.

Got a SuperPI time of 23.593 seconds :p

Just remember the X2 7750+ is a POWER HUNGRY little chip.

so weird i was able to run mine @ such low voltage

perhaps i should not have sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom