6800GT too slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultra was meant for 512mb video cards because each frame is about that much hence the need for it...nvidia was supposed to have a 512mb card released already. I remember seeing a video promotion of the 6800Ultra before it was released back in march of last year, maybe it was right around it's release, anywho they said "By this summer, 512mb cards" and yeah still dont see em.

But yeah Ultra settings, 8x AA, come on what do you expect? That games insanely intensive

yea i knoqw and i wish i had a 512 card but im happy w/ what i got and i just have it on ultra cause it makes my friend jealous. he has a 9800pro and he hates it when i go to his house and show him doom3 on ultra settings. And no i didnt really expect that much out of 8xAA and ultra settings but i was actually expecting more really. I figured it would be insanley better than my 3200+ socket A but i guess not that much. maybe i just need to upgrade to pci-X?

not for doom3.... maybe when quake 4 or whatever it is comes out, pci express will be more utilized

The 64bit CPU's will beat out an XP at the same clock speed, but it's not like a drastic amazing performance boost or anything

Okay, it is not to slow. Granted i have .4 ghz on you, it is NOT slow. Lower your res and keep the AA/AF. You'll be fine.

It should look like a beauty on 1024/768 with AA/AF high.

What am I saying, Can I take the card off your hands?

P.P. Mguire said:
Ok well your prolly already seceptical abou tthe title but yes my GT is becoming to slow for me. Ive been playing alot of hard core games and im just becoimg dissatisfied. Im trying to play all my games like doom3 and farcry on 8xAA and full everything. well im thinkin its becoming to slow for me. Ive been told im crazy for saying that but anybody have the same problem?

what manu. do you have?

Mine works 100% when i want it to, whenever i get into alot of heat in a game, its never failed once.

This could also rest in different areas of the computer as well, dont put all the blame on the graphics card.

I would recommend you get an x800 xt platinum edition. I have one. I play on ultra high settings with full AA (temporal aa enabled which effectively DOUBLES the quality level of already 6X) and full AF and everything else enabled like geometry instancing and what have you, 1600X1200 resolution, stock speeds not overclocked and the card performs billiantly. I've never seen such a powerful card myself. But if you have a PCI-E motherboard then you would probably want to get the x850 xt platinum edition. Essentially the same thing as the x800 just a bit faster here and there and a much better stock cooler.

I would never spend that much money on a card that debatably gives a tad bit more performance than a 6800 ultra.

I would never spend that much money on a card that debatably gives a tad bit more performance than a 6800 ultra
Yup...also considering my particular monitor doesnt even go above 1280x1024 so an OC'd 6800GT would more than suit my needs. Get a water cooling block for it and I've seen some amazing results

I know but I was just suggesting that because it seems like he has money to spend and if he is having trouble with AA and anything else then he should try the x800 because I have it and I play with AA on and it works really well, I haven't compared it to a 6800 but from what I now the radeons are better with AA and AF so that might be info he is looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom