6800gt Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD LARKIN

Baseband Member
Well 2 of my fans and the glass on the side of my case got broken. I'm left with one fan on the side of the case blowing under my video card into my case, and other blowing into my case from the back on top of it. My card is about 70 degrees celsius normal, and shoots to 90+ when I play games. My System temp is about 50 always, and my cpu is fine. Now do you think I will be fine just buying a couple more fans or do I have to do something about my case not having a side?

how did the case get broken?

anyway, hot air rises. I'd suggest you have the fan at the top back blowing out, not in. it may be sucking air in from the power supply also.

other than that, how is your airflow?
my case is very clean, and my CPU never gets above 30ºC (though my case is quite easy to make clean)

you can also get a new video card cooler. the one I got is a Zalman VF900-Cu LED (the one with the fan that lights up blue)
when I installed it, it dropped my cards temperature (XFX 7900 GT) by 10 degrees.
it also fits 6800's

i thought 90*C is not a problem for a 6 series card?

so long as it is not artifacting, then i would have thought it would be fine.

Yeah my cpu never gets very highert then 30 either, i guess ill get some more fans and get one blowing out. If that doesn't work then i guess i'll get another cooler for my graphics card. So having the side having isn't going to effect the temp? I was also thinking about getting one of my small fans and putting so its blowing into my computer would that help at all.

oh yeah and the side of my case got broken when my dog jumped up and knoced it off the table.

turn the fan that's currently blowing in around it blows out. and get a couple of fans blowing in.

arctic silver 5 also helps, put it on the GPU between the heatsink (remove any other thermal paste first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom