6800 Oc!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia fan boy said:
I just OC'd my 6800GT to 400/1200 from 350/1gig! Is that good for a 6800gt(eVGA)? Im not done yet though.

Do I understand right? You underclocked your card not overclocked.

Well, 425 mhz is what ultra is at. So, I'm technically just close to Ultra, with the scores I've been getting though, I'll just call it an Ultra. Also, Ultra's memory is 256 DDR3 @ 1,100mhz, and so is my card's.

That's cool that you managed to get the memory up 200MHz from it's original. Usually the memory is the hardest to overclock without good cooling on the actual vram chips. Nice OC man

acttually overclockign the actual gpu core clock i believe wields better results in terms of performance than overclocking the memory :)

acttually overclockign the actual gpu core clock i believe wields better results in terms of performance than overclocking the memory

I'd check your sources on that. When I was reading an article way back when to OC my GF2 they specifically said you'll notice more difference with the memory clocked up. They could clock up the core quite a bit, but you wouldn't get a noticable difference until you clocked the memory up as far as it could go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom