Which 6800 GT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably say the MSI too

Would these oc'd cards be able to be oc'd even further, or is it not worth the extra money ?
No not really, if it's already overclocked then that means they are already pushing past what it's rated for so that means you'd get a lower overclock than getting a card that's stock but has good cooling on it like the eVGA.

I don't know if they put on another heatsink for the OC'd ones, but eVGA puts on the same heatsink for all their cards which means you get a heatsink meant for the Ultra on something less powerful which makes it easy to overclock.

Not really worth to get the OC'd ones. You'd be better off just trying to OC it yourself with an aftermarket graphics card cooler and heatsink

well i got me a BFG which is the quickest GT card standard. It can easily be overclocked to exceed ultra speeds. The software bundle is pathetic, but its all about the card.

well i got me a BFG which is the quickest GT card standard
Well yeah their OC series is of course going to be faster than a 6800GT running at stock..that's a given..but whether or not it can 'easily' be overclocked to go past ultra speeds I haven't heard too much about. I have yet to see someone who hasn't been able to OC their eVGA brand to atleast Ultra speeds though.

But there's no point in paying the extra money for the BFG 'OC' series when you can pay cheaper and OC it the same or further with a different brand.

i think its the fact that its factory overclocked which drew me to it. you know its gonna run stable at 370MHz and not cause damage and at the same time have an edge over all 350 cards.....i will never try to oc it past that, dont want to cause probs so ill never know if whats been said about it easily exceeding ultra levels is true.

you know its gonna run stable at 370MHz and not cause damage and at the same time have an edge over all 350 cards.....
Yeah it's true that you'll KNOW it'll run stable, but I don't think that you will see much of a gain just from a 20MHz increase really...Of course since we're talking about a powerful card who knows, you'd have to do some 3dmark testing to see...

you need both the core and the memory to be raised for noticeable results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom