6600GT OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
Ok i've got my 6600GT to 589/1.19 but past that it doesn't pass the test that my drivers ask of it in order to apply the settings. what do i do now?? Also it doesn't seem to be any faster than at stock? I'l run some benchies soon but should i see a differance?
One more thing how do i know if im gonna burn out my memory as it has no temp moniter?? my core is doing about 62C when the threashhold is 145C if i put more voltage in am i risking it??

what do i do now??
well.......nothing...you've overclocked it, what else do you expect you can do?

Yes you should notice a huge difference from stock to those OC's...so if you're not, back it down a little as you may have been pushing it too far to run smoothly.

chris -

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26865

That image shows you where you need to solder a 10K variable resistor and where to measure voltage points, this is for an AGP card.

You gotta of course make sure the resistor is set at it's max 10K ohms, using a multimeter to measure it. Then you'd want to VERY slowly turn the dial in tiny increments to increase the resistance. The resistance on that solder point stock should be a little under 500ohms and per 20-30 drop in ohms you should get approx .1v increase

If you don't know what a variable resistor is, don't even try. Your just gonna hurt something.
lol, he makes a good point. It's exactly what it sounds like....a resistor...with variable adjustments. Radioshack has them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom