6600 gt troubles - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Man, what a F'd up thread.....

First, your going from an ATI to a Nvidia card. What did you do to get rid of the old ATI drivers? From what others have said who have switched from ATI to Nvidia, you should really reformat, to ensure the ATI drivers are 100% gone. At the least you need to try and run one of those driver sweep programs.

But, as it sounds, you have no interest into putting a bit of effort into the process, so, do what ever you want

BE HEARD - Techonvent
DS3 | E6400 - 3.2GHz 24/7 | 2GB OCZ PLat. PC6400 | 6800GT | Zippy 460W
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

"i downloaded it and installed it and it fixed the water and the black squares but thats not what i was asking for help for. every game constantly lags on ALL settings"

"im sorry for posting so many topics, but this one is important. i just put my 6600 gt in, cranked up the graphics, and farcry looks like ****. if i go above medium settings, theres big black squares in the ground that dont show up. counter strike source looks great but farcry looks like ****. whats going on?"

Old 04-06-2005, 05:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie

Your welcome, next time you post a topic be more specific about your problem, and not just one game. That is all you asked help for was Farcry, not about your video card, and in return you got help for farcry, have a nice day

Edit: and no i was not trying to be an ***, i was helping you out with the problem you stated, if you would have said your video card was messing up i would have tried to help with that, but you didnt

Closed Thread