6300 oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
im really new to overclocking (ie bout 10minutes ago) and i was wondering if the gigabyte easy tune 5 shows accurate temps because i have overclocked my core two duo 6300 to 2.01ghz and when im running super pi 32m the max temp i reach is only 20degrees celcius (62 farenheight)? is this right?

all programs should be pretty close,i dont know your specific one but it might only record the temp when the prog was started and not resfresh, aibooster for asus mobo's, has a option to change the refresh interval time.

you could always get another program, speed fan, pc wizard, cpu-z(might not tell temp)

thanks for your reply pc wizard says that processor temp is 10 deg celcius and core temp is 46

CPU-z does not tell the temp.

Check your BIOS for temps, it is more accurate.

what kind of cooling are you using? w/o an OC my E6400 will be around 33C or so on air.

I'd say that EasyTune is pretty accurate be because i have a temperature monitor deal in my case with a reader as close to my processor as possible and my temps are always either the same as EasyTune or slightly higher (due to my case temp being higher).

20C just doesn't seem right unless you've got water cooling or something. Try to get an online update for easytune.

Also it might have something to do w/ your BIOS version. Flash your bios to F6 and then try it too.

Just as a comparison...

My e6600 (not overclocked) with a sonic tower (with fan set up between the towers) idles at 18 and never goes above 30 even after hours of playing GTA sanandreas and running chess base at the same time.

The stock cooler was not too bad at 28 idle and mid 30s under load... but then it died... (see other post)

Easy Tuner 5 is accurate in comparison to bios... or at least on my machine it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom