$600 budget - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-12-2004, 01:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 120
Send a message via AIM to DaShizNit609 Send a message via Yahoo to DaShizNit609
Default

sorry man last night when i was trying to post the internet was so dang slow. i was getting like under 56k connections on a T3 line..... Much better now, ill setup a rig for you and give you some links.
__________________

DaShizNit609 is offline  
Old 09-12-2004, 01:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 120
Send a message via AIM to DaShizNit609 Send a message via Yahoo to DaShizNit609
Default

Ok this is what ive come up with and its $500 right now minus a video card.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...144-309&DEPA=0 HD - 150

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...131-501&DEPA=0 MOBO - 59

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...124-106&depa=0 CASE PSU - 55

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...103-381&depa=1 CPU - 162

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...146-219&depa=1 RAM - 74

The total is $500 right now but like i said it has no video card. you need one and the reason i didnt pick one out was because u didnt specify what games you would like to play. also the price range is so much. you can get a decent video card taht plays everything today has to offer on somewhat good settings for like $150 but in the near future you wont be able to play the games on high reso. search Newegg.com for a video card and post questions (i suggest using ATI unless your gonna get the 6800Gt which is way outta ur price limit :-)
__________________

__________________
AMD XP 3000+ @2.47 Ghz
ATI 9600 Pro soon to be 6800 GT
1GB corsair VS 3200
520 Watt aspire PSU
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
2x 80 gb WD standard 7200 rpm
2x 120 gb WD standard 7200 rpm
14.4k modem (seriously)
5x 80mm fans
DaShizNit609 is offline  
Old 09-12-2004, 01:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DaShizNit609
Ok this is what ive come up with and its $500 right now minus a video card.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...144-309&DEPA=0 HD - 150

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...131-501&DEPA=0 MOBO - 59

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...124-106&depa=0 CASE PSU - 55

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...103-381&depa=1 CPU - 162

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...146-219&depa=1 RAM - 74

The total is $500 right now but like i said it has no video card. you need one and the reason i didnt pick one out was because u didnt specify what games you would like to play. also the price range is so much. you can get a decent video card taht plays everything today has to offer on somewhat good settings for like $150 but in the near future you wont be able to play the games on high reso. search Newegg.com for a video card and post questions (i suggest using ATI unless your gonna get the 6800Gt which is way outta ur price limit :-)
dude you rock lol i guess this my setup if anyone else has any ideas go ahead and post thanks a lot man :money:
turbonos69 is offline  
Old 09-12-2004, 01:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 120
Send a message via AIM to DaShizNit609 Send a message via Yahoo to DaShizNit609
Default

your only getting 512 megs of ram but its mushkin and its pc3200. you can easily upgrade and if you do i suggest getting the same kind of ram.
DaShizNit609 is offline  
Old 09-12-2004, 01:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DaShizNit609
your only getting 512 megs of ram but its mushkin and its pc3200. you can easily upgrade and if you do i suggest getting the same kind of ram.
its better than the 128 i have now
turbonos69 is offline  
Old 09-12-2004, 02:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 120
Send a message via AIM to DaShizNit609 Send a message via Yahoo to DaShizNit609
Post

you also should keep in mind that you need some form of windows... its very easy to get your hands 0n but i can't talk about that here
DaShizNit609 is offline  
Old 09-12-2004, 05:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DaShizNit609
you also should keep in mind that you need some form of windows... its very easy to get your hands 0n but i can't talk about that here
is that my only option for an os?
turbonos69 is offline  
Old 09-12-2004, 05:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 222
Default

one word: emachines (i gotta t3025, but i think they're up to like t3092 which is cheap and supposed to b great)
__________________
Chris

EMachines T3025:
Creative Extigy, Creative 5300 5.1 Audio, Athlon XP 3000+, nVidia MX GeForce 4, Samsung 48x CD-R/W, Cendyne 4x DVD+R/RW, Deuce 160GB WD Caviars, ATI TV Wonder, Hitatchi SuperScan 811 21\" CRT, Logitech MX700, White/blue neon.
csw3190 is offline  
Old 09-12-2004, 05:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by csw3190
one word: emachines (i gotta t3025, but i think they're up to like t3092 which is cheap and supposed to b great)
i am never buying an emachines computer again i have the t1842 and it sucks big nuts so screw emachines
turbonos69 is offline  
Old 09-12-2004, 06:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by turbonos69
i am never buying an emachines computer again i have the t1842 and it sucks big nuts so screw emachines
My emachines is awesome, given, tho, it had a major HD problem, but they replaced it and let me keep the bad one (corrupt boot sector, works fine as a 2ndary) for only $80. 320GB and i'm almost out!
__________________

__________________
Chris

EMachines T3025:
Creative Extigy, Creative 5300 5.1 Audio, Athlon XP 3000+, nVidia MX GeForce 4, Samsung 48x CD-R/W, Cendyne 4x DVD+R/RW, Deuce 160GB WD Caviars, ATI TV Wonder, Hitatchi SuperScan 811 21\" CRT, Logitech MX700, White/blue neon.
csw3190 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.