5700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Ok well heres the deal. ive got a chance to get a new video card right? well everybody here should know that ive got that 5600ultra w/ that huge a$$ heatpipe on it and im OCing well w/ great performance. The guy is getting a 6800GT and will have no need for his 5700 media edition (heres what it ist)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133143
so hes willing to trade me for it. Im giving him a sound card (he has onboard) and like 10$. Would it be an upgrade from what ive got *IF* i put my heat pipe on it? I would definately OC it like i do my 5600ultra but i want to know if i would see some kinda performance difference if any at all. I dont care about the sound card nor 10$ i just wanna know about the 2 cards. thanx
EDIT: BTW im not really into the media thing but its the card he has now, i will most likely only use it for games, so please no "get a 9800 AIW or something like that". thanx

at the end of the day its gonna be a very small upgrade, but s upgrade none the less. If you heatpipe fits it you might aswel put that on and overclock, nubius had one of these untill he got his 6600gt so hes the guy to tell you about it really

I highly doubt it would show a big improvement...maybe worth $10 but not a nice sound card. If that's what it is.

I would like everyone to notice the fact that in many case my card beats out a 5900ultra right now because i have it so OCd. So if i do that to the 5700 i should get even greater performance that this thing right? Oh yea, its 10$ and a Sound Blaster LIVE! Value lol.
EDIT: i just took a look at those benches and alot of them are NOT true to my 5600ultra even w/out the OC. I didnt get 6.5 fps on it, i got around 30 on very high same as doom3 (NoAA or AF). same as doom3.

Heyyo,

Yeah, I should've picked a better site than tomshardware for videocard benchmarks.. lots of the time they pick games that are either nvidia or ati optimized..

So yeah, I guess one good thing would be that his vidcard would probably have a longer life than your current one since he probably hasn't bothered to OC it, so in your case this would be a good advantage.

Yea considering my video card is getting kinda old and his is only like uhhh 4 months old. So i guess it would be nice to have a new card cause he only uses his computer for internet until now he bought BF2 and wants a 6800GT. Besides if i OC it like i do this 5600 wouldnt it be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom