$500 Dollar Limit... Here's my ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

98RedGs

Baseband Member
Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 512MBx2 DDR PC-3200 - $109

DFI "LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D" NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU - $141

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512KB L2 Cache, Socket 939 64-bit Processor - $191

Things I want the system to have.

1. PCI-E * 2 since I want to go dual 6600gt's.
2. 64bit. 939 or 754 core dosen't matter to me at all. Since when I need a new system I usually don't upgrade I simply make a new one all together.

The system I need help with is only
Motherboard
Processor
RAM

I will find the video card's after these 3 core things are sorted out in my mind and I order today. Reason I'm asking is because I don't think that the 7-series motherboards come with dual pci-e*16's that I'm assuming I will need for the setup I want.

Please assist me!
Help!

well u cant get pci-e on 754 so ur gonna have to get 939. that board is a really good one but ur gonna aave to get the sli version if u want dual 6600gts. apart from that that looks ok. If i were u it would be better spending ur cash on 1 6800gt rather than 2 6600gts cos the 6800gt out performs the dual 6600gts in most tests and it will also give u the option to upgrade later cos ul have the spare slot.

Do you think a single 6600gt would be fine for playing World_Of_Warcraft on all max settings?

That's basically the game I live on... So I'm looking at maxing my gameplay out for that game. Could I get PCI-Ex2 on a 754 core you suggest?

Any ideas?
Should I simply buy a 6800gt and not worry about dual 6600's?

$500 dollar limit?

Think you could recommend me a setup for under $450-500?
Just Ram - Processor - MBD

Then gimme a recommendation for the 6800GT manufacturer possibly?

I don't have problems building a system I have problems speccing it together and making sure nothing is wrong with the setup. Sadly that's why I'm begging for some help.

:)

Look at my siggy. The Proc/Ram/Mobo cost about 400 dollars give or take a little.

And on the 6800, cant go wrong with eVga, Gigabyte, or Chaintech. (Some will disagree im sure.)

98RedGs said:
Do you think a single 6600gt would be fine for playing World_Of_Warcraft on all max settings?

That's basically the game I live on... So I'm looking at maxing my gameplay out for that game. Could I get PCI-Ex2 on a 754 core you suggest?

Any ideas?
Should I simply buy a 6800gt and not worry about dual 6600's?

1 6800gt does just abotu as wel as two 6600gt's, just buy one and save for the second when you can. It is a much better decision.

CreditSolutions said:
Look at my siggy. The Proc/Ram/Mobo cost about 400 dollars give or take a little.

And on the 6800, cant go wrong with eVga, Gigabyte, or Chaintech. (Some will disagree im sure.)

Can you throw me a link to your motherboard.
Or is it the one that is on sale at newegg today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom