50/50

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumagt500

In Runtime
50/50 UPDATE - Front 99% done

I dont know what todo. I have a gateway that is excellent for lan partys. I dont know whether I should do a case mod. Its not that I cant cuase I can ive done em before. I plan too sell he gateway this summer though. Should I do a case mod. All it would be is prolly painting the case black instead of its ugly white. Add a big yellow emergency shutoff switch that they use in machine shops too stop all the equitment. The switch would just turn on a HDD fan and two rear case fans. Also adding a state meter. Like Green-Yellow-Red leds (3) that display harddrive usage.

I also have an old 486 computer I can mod and mount new components in. Youd know what be funny the other gamers see me come in with a computer with 486 logo on it and windows 95 logo. But really its 3.0+ GHz 64 bit. I could do that too cuase I could drill new holes and tap them.

Alright I know what im gonna do. Im gonna take the case remove all the oldcomponents. Then sand down the old paint job and paint it all black. Im gonna put the HALO logo on top. im gonna call it the Halo crusher. Since I already go to lan partys I could bring it. I would prolly make a matching monitor. Be very suprised its gonna be awsome.

reset_switch.jpg

I like this switch.

I would apriciate it if people followed along my progress. I ordered some LED UV case fans. Tommorow im gonna have some pictures of the case and the inside. Then im gonna start taking the parts out. If anyone wants any of the parts just PM me.

Here are the parts any one can have for free just PM me about it:
Power supply - 250 watt (i think) with new fan still works by the looks of it.
HDD - segate 261.3MB not sure if still works
HDD - quantum fireball FX 6.4GB unsure if still works
Floppy - Works brand new 2 connectrs need a resolder
Thats it so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom