4ghz OC on winni 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying.

The Tornado has more than twice the RPM at +12v.

But the CFM at +5v is more than enough to dissipate the heat.

I know this because I have combined the Tornado with many different aftermarket heatsinks and recorded the changes in temperature.

But the CFM at +5v is more than enough to dissipate the heat.
Meh, anyone with a tornado should have a fan controller otherwise they'd just be annoying. I use the Sunbea, Rheobus controller. Works great. Red LED comes on when the knob gets turned to 7v, 8-12v is blue led. I turn it down until it turns red, then turn it up just that little knitch to make it blue again, so basically 8v. Keeps my CPU at 32C at times like now when I'm just surfin, and at full blast I have headphones on and it doesn't get above 38C

Nubius,

I wasn't aware that the Rheobus featured a channel with direct access to the +12v and +5v rail. That's cool. The controller that I have can only switch between +12v and +5v, and not voltages in between.

I wasn't aware that the Rheobus featured a channel with direct access to the +12v and +5v rail. That's cool. The controller that I have can only switch between +12v and +5v, and not voltages in between.

It doesn't. Just feeds off the +12v rail and disperses it among 4 channels. However, the rheobus is rated for up to 20w of power, most fan controllers I've seen say 15-18w, whereas like I said rheobus just says straight 20 not 18-20 where it might be 18 on one day, 20 on another.

Anyway, turning the knobs is just cutting the amount of voltage going to the fan, but they simply givin an 'indicator' if you will. You can actually click the knobs off too. 0-7v = Red LED, 8-12v = Blue LED.

Lol srry guys dad won't let me use the digi camera :( plz be patient. btw so that u know that the pics are mine when i manage to post them my comp is in the garrage

actually i didn't even get a chance to go online

Not looking good in proving your case shorty. A delayed response, no pictures, 'cant use camera'......if anyone had the slightest belief in you it's dead now

Ive been able to hit 2250Mhz with my cpu on stock... It may be low but its a Athlon 64 2800+ and the Vcore is still around 1.60V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom